|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alessandra see the painter leave her house at night in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Alessandra work on painting?
3. Why doesn't Alessandra talk to the painter when he first begins to paint her?
4. What drawing does the painter drop in Chapter 16?
5. Who tells Alessandra that she will enter into a marriage contract with Cristoforo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Alessandra meets the painter in the garden in Chapter 12?
2. What happens after Cristoforo admits to being a homosexual?
3. What happens during Alessandra's dancing lessons in Chapter 2?
4. What does Cristoforo show Alessandra after they are married?
5. What does Alessandra do when she finds the painter in the chapel in Chapter 8?
6. After the murder in the church, what is the next murder to be discovered?
7. What news do Alessandra's parents share with her in Chapter 10?
8. What does Alessandra criticize the painter for in Chapter 1?
9. What happens when Alessandra sneaks into the painters rooms in Chapter 1?
10. How does Tomaso treat Alessandra before her wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trace Alessandra's relationship with the painter throughout this novel. How is this relationship affected by outside forces? How is it shaped by inside forces? Which do you think are most powerful?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Alessandra to her sister Plautilla.
Essay Topic 3
Explore how the descriptions of the two frescoes in this novel reflect the character development of the major characters.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)