|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the French enter Florence, what are they said to resemble?
(a) A school of fish.
(c) Troubled travelers.
(d) A parade.
2. Who does Alessandra go with to see the chapel fresco before the dedication?
(a) The painter.
(c) Her mother.
3. In Chapter 23, what does Savonarola say about his sermon?
(a) That it must be printed as well as heard.
(b) That women aren't allowed to listen to it.
(c) That he has to charge to let people listen to it.
(d) That it is about the future of Italy.
4. After meeting the monk in Chapter 40, what does Alessandra think of the monk?
(a) That he is in trouble.
(b) That he is a spy.
(c) That he is a murderer.
(d) That he is diseased.
5. In Chapter 49, why does the church come down on the convent?
(a) The church wants the convent to prepare more nuns.
(b) The church wants the convent to support the arts.
(c) The church wants the convent to be more conventional.
(d) The church wants the convent to stop wasting money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the painter returns Alessandra drawings to her, what does he ask?
2. Why does Erila learn how to tattoo?
3. Who does Alessandra have assist her with the fresco in the convent's chapel?
4. Where does the painter agree to go after being released from jail?
5. Why does Cristoforo say Savonarola is losing power in Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alessandra do before the painter leaves the convent?
2. What makes Alessandra's life in the convent less pleasing to her?
3. How does Cristoforo react to Tomaso and the painter being arrested?
4. Why does Cristoforo fake his death?
5. Why does the painter come to visit Alessandra in Chapter 21?
6. In Chapter 22, what worries Cristoforo about the current political climate?
7. What happens to the painter after he is released from jail in Chapter 42?
8. How does painting the convent's chapel's fresco affect Alessandra?
9. What does Alessandra do when she begins to go into labor?
10. What happens when Alessandra visits the chapel before the dedication?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)