|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the French enter Florence, what are they said to resemble?
(a) Troubled travelers.
(b) A parade.
(c) A school of fish.
2. In Chapter 40, why does the monk ask Alessandra and Erila for help?
(a) He can't afford to eat.
(b) He is trapped in jail.
(c) He knows of an injured person.
(d) He wants to start a new church.
3. Why does Erila say Alessandra had a miscarriage in Chapter 28?
(a) To make it seem like Cristoforo is heterosexual.
(b) To keep Alessandra's mother away.
(c) To let her get more rest.
(d) To protect her from Cristoforo.
4. Why does the painter paint a snake on Alessandra?
(a) Because she asks him to.
(b) Because of the story she tells him.
(c) Because he feels snakes represent their relationship.
(d) Because she love snakes.
5. How does Cristoforo react to the plague?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) With fear.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) With humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alessandra send her mother away in Chapter 25?
2. Who encourages Alessandra to try for a child with Cristoforo in Chapter 33?
3. Why does Erila want Alessandra to stay in her bed in Chapter 28?
4. What makes Alessandra's visit to Plautilla difficult in Chapter 26?
5. What does Cristoforo think will help him release Tomaso and the painter from jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alessandra do before the painter leaves the convent?
2. What makes Alessandra's life in the convent less pleasing to her?
3. How does Alessandra's pregnancy change her relationship with the servants?
4. Why does Cristoforo fake his death?
5. In Chapter 25, why does Alessandra ask her mother about her engagement?
6. What does Savonarola do when the plague comes to Florence?
7. What is Alessandra's life like when the painter is at the convent?
8. In Chapter 22, what worries Cristoforo about the current political climate?
9. What happens to the painter after he is released from jail in Chapter 42?
10. How does Alessandra react when Cristoforo brings Tomaso home in Chapter 26?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)