|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the painter leave one panel of the chapel fresco blank?
(a) He ran out of inspiration.
(b) He used all the paint.
(c) For Alessandra to paint.
(d) He wants to paint it later.
2. Why does Alessandra say the painter suffers from boils?
(a) To keep Cristoforo away from him.
(b) To convince Erila to take care of him.
(c) To pass Savonarola's guards.
(d) To make him feel better.
3. In Chapter 20, how many days do the French stay in Florence?
(a) 11 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 13 days.
(d) 12 days.
4. Why does Savonarola visit the convents in Chapter 28?
(a) To remove sinners.
(b) To hunt down traitors.
(c) To meet the nuns.
(d) To find a staff.
5. In Chapter 21, who is Alessandra with when she discovers the body?
(c) The painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cristoforo react when he learns about Alessandra making love to the painter?
2. Why does Erila learn how to tattoo?
3. Where does Alessandra find the book with the inscription from Lorenzo?
4. Why does the Pope excommunicate Savonarola?
5. In Chapter 49, why does the church come down on the convent?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 47, what convinces Alessandra that her daughter is the painter's child?
2. What does Alessandra do after learning Cristoforo has faked his death?
3. What happens when Alessandra visits the chapel before the dedication?
4. What does Savonarola do when the plague comes to Florence?
5. In Chapter 22, what worries Cristoforo about the current political climate?
6. What does Alessandra do when she begins to go into labor?
7. What does Alessandra do before the painter leaves the convent?
8. Why does Cristoforo fake his death?
9. How does Alessandra prepare to end her life?
10. When Alessandra visits the painter while he is locked in the chapel, what does she discover about his art?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)