|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the painter grid the roof of the chapel in Chapter 15?
(a) To measure it.
(b) To avoid talking to Alessandra.
(c) To prepare it for painting.
(d) To fix it from the damage he did.
2. What is rumored to have killed Sister Lucrezia in the convent?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) A blood disease.
(c) A tumor.
3. In Chapter 1, why does Alessandra want to learn from the painter?
(a) Because she is also an artist.
(b) Because she doesn't get to go to school.
(c) Because she thinks he is attractive.
(d) Because she wants to earn money to move away from home.
4. When the bell rings in Chapter 17, what does it remind Alessandra's mother of?
(a) When she was married.
(b) When she was pregnant.
(c) When her father died.
(d) When Plautilla was born.
5. What does the painter say about Alessandra's desire to paint in Chapter 12?
(a) That he won't teach her.
(b) That she is a woman and can't paint.
(c) He says nothing about her desire to paint.
(d) That she isn't talented enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does Alessandra have problems dancing?
2. In "Prologue," why does Mother Superior want to go against Sister Lucrezia's wishes?
3. How does Alessandra feel when she sneaks out in Chapter 16?
4. What does Alessandra ask of Cristoforo in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Tomaso see on Alessandra's gown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cristoforo show Alessandra after they are married?
2. What happens when Alessandra meets the painter in the garden in Chapter 12?
3. How does Alessandra feel about marriage in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Alessandra's father relationship with the painter represent?
5. In Chapter 9, how does Alessandra feel when she wakes up?
6. What happens during the church services in Chapter 11?
7. Why does Alessandra say she wants to be married in Chapter 10?
8. In Chapter 7, what does Alessandra's family gossip about?
9. In Chapter 4, what does Alessandra see in the middle of the night?
10. What does Tomaso tell Alessandra about the murders in Chapter 9?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)