|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alessandra visit the painter before she is married?
(a) To confess her feelings.
(b) To see if he will talk her out of the marriage.
(c) To learn to paint.
(d) To hear his opinion on her work.
2. In Chapter 1, when does Sister Lucrezia's story begin?
(a) In adulthood.
(b) In childhood.
(c) In her teenage years.
(d) In infancy.
3. In "Prologue," why does Mother Superior want to go against Sister Lucrezia's wishes?
(a) To prove the plague didn't come from the convent.
(b) Because Sister Lucrezia's wishes are too expensive.
(c) To show her power in the church.
(d) Because she dislikes Sister Lucrezia.
4. Why does Alessandra sneak out of the chapel in Chapter 8?
(a) Because it is late at night.
(b) Because the noise scared her.
(c) Because she could be punished.
(d) Because she doesn't want to talk to the painter anymore.
5. Who does Alessandra wait for her father with in Chapter 1?
(a) She waits alone.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Alessandra that she will enter into a marriage contract with Cristoforo?
2. After discussing Plautilla's pregnancy in Chapter 7, what does Tomaso change the subject to?
3. Where does Alessandra meet with the painter in Chapter 12?
4. When Alessandra sees the man watching her in Chapter 11, where does she realize she knows him from?
5. When does Tomaso believe Alessandra should be painted in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Alessandra's father relationship with the painter represent?
2. What happens when Alessandra tries to paint in Chapter 4?
3. What makes Alessandra think that Cristoforo will understand her desire to paint?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Alessandra's family gossip about?
5. What happens during the church services in Chapter 11?
6. What does Cristoforo show Alessandra after they are married?
7. Why does Alessandra say she wants to be married in Chapter 10?
8. What does Alessandra do when she finds the painter in the chapel in Chapter 8?
9. What happens when Alessandra meets the painter in the garden in Chapter 12?
10. In Chapter 4, what does Alessandra see in the middle of the night?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)