|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the bell rings in Chapter 17, what does it remind Alessandra's mother of?
(a) When Plautilla was born.
(b) When she was pregnant.
(c) When she was married.
(d) When her father died.
2. What does Tomaso say damaged Alessandra before she was born?
(a) Their mother witnessing violence.
(b) Their father leaving to fight in a war.
(c) Their mother falling.
(d) Their father's drinking.
3. In Chapter 1, when does Sister Lucrezia's story begin?
(a) In infancy.
(b) In her teenage years.
(c) In childhood.
(d) In adulthood.
4. In Chapter 11, where does Alessandra notice the man watching her?
(a) In the market.
(b) At a party.
(c) At home.
(d) In church.
5. Who tells Alessandra that Cristoforo is a homosexual?
(c) Alessandra's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alessandra like most about Cristoforo's copy of Divine Comedy?
2. Why does Alessandra see the painter leave her house at night in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Alessandra sneak out of the chapel in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 8, why does Alessandra stay up late?
5. Why does Alessandra visit the painter before she is married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the church services in Chapter 11?
2. What happens during Alessandra's dancing lessons in Chapter 2?
3. Why do Alessandra's siblings argue about being painted in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 16, what happens when Alessandra sneaks out of the house?
5. What happens after Cristoforo admits to being a homosexual?
6. Why does Alessandra say she wants to be married in Chapter 10?
7. In Chapter 7, what does Alessandra's family gossip about?
8. What does Alessandra do when she finds the painter in the chapel in Chapter 8?
9. How does Alessandra feel about marriage in Chapter 3?
10. In Chapter 9, how does Alessandra feel when she wakes up?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)