|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alessandra say the painter suffers from boils?
(a) To keep Cristoforo away from him.
(b) To convince Erila to take care of him.
(c) To make him feel better.
(d) To pass Savonarola's guards.
2. What does Erila do when she wakes Alessandra in Chapter 43?
(a) Makes her take medicine.
(b) Has her move to the guest house.
(c) Drags her through town.
(d) Changes her clothes.
3. What does Cristoforo demand when Alessandra goes into labor?
(a) To have Alessandra promise to end it with the painter.
(b) To know who the father of the baby is.
(c) To be there when the baby is born.
(d) To be able to leave town.
4. How many people help Alessandra through her labor?
5. What does Alessandra discover when she returns home in Chapter 29?
(a) That the library books were stolen.
(b) That her parents are gone.
(c) That more painters have moved in.
(d) That her sister is also there.
6. Why does Cristoforo say Savonarola is losing power in Chapter 41?
(a) Because his house burned to the ground.
(b) Because he is excommunicated for a second time.
(c) Because he is sick.
(d) Because more people are speaking out against him.
7. Why does Alessandra worry about people stealing from her home in Chapter 38?
(a) Because people were pillaging wealthy homes.
(b) Because her pregnancy made her paranoid.
(c) Because she saw new people in town.
(d) Because Savonarola warned about it.
8. What does the man in the market with the snake tattoo do to it in front of Alessandra?
(a) He makes it move.
(b) He flicks the skin.
(c) He covers it up.
(d) He pretends to feed it.
9. Where does the painter begin painting the snake on Alessandra?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her shoulders.
(c) Her thigh.
(d) Her feet.
10. In Chapter 40, why does the monk ask Alessandra and Erila for help?
(a) He is trapped in jail.
(b) He wants to start a new church.
(c) He knows of an injured person.
(d) He can't afford to eat.
11. Who does Alessandra go with to see the chapel fresco before the dedication?
(b) The painter.
(d) Her mother.
12. Why does the painter paint a snake on Alessandra?
(a) Because she asks him to.
(b) Because of the story she tells him.
(c) Because he feels snakes represent their relationship.
(d) Because she love snakes.
13. Why does Alessandra assume the painter is the father of her child?
(a) Because her daughter smiles like the painter.
(b) Because her daughter speaks like him.
(c) Because her daughter prefers to paint.
(d) Because her daughter has his coloring.
14. How does Alessandra react when the monk asks for her help in Chapter 40?
(a) She is disgusted with him.
(b) She refuses him.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She agrees to help a little.
15. Who finishes Alessandra's snake tattoo?
(a) The painter.
(c) A tattoo artist in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the painter arrested in Chapter 41?
2. Why does Alessandra want the painter to take their daughter with him when he leaves the convent?
3. What does Alessandra see on the ceiling of the chapel in Chapter 30?
4. Why does the Pope excommunicate Savonarola?
5. How does the painter find Alessandra in the convent?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)