|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cristoforo want the painter to leave town after being released from jail?
(a) He doesn't want the painter to leave.
(b) For his own safety.
(c) To keep him away from Alessandra.
(d) To avoid further conflict.
2. In Chapter 48, what does Alessandra say the painter did while staying in Florence?
(a) Painted portraits for money.
(b) Wrote a book.
(c) Built a cathedral.
(d) Created a sculpture.
3. What does Erila do when she wakes Alessandra in Chapter 43?
(a) Drags her through town.
(b) Makes her take medicine.
(c) Changes her clothes.
(d) Has her move to the guest house.
4. What does Alessandra do after Plautilla visits in Chapter 35?
(a) She writes to Cristoforo.
(b) She apologizes to her mother.
(c) She asks to be taken to the doctor.
(d) She takes a vacation.
5. Why does Alessandra assume the painter is the father of her child?
(a) Because her daughter smiles like the painter.
(b) Because her daughter has his coloring.
(c) Because her daughter speaks like him.
(d) Because her daughter prefers to paint.
6. What celebration does Alessandra attend in Chapter 37?
(a) A toast to the painter.
(b) The dedication of the chapel.
(c) A wedding of a friend.
(d) A memorial service for a murdered man.
7. How do the painter and his daughter fund their trip through Europe?
(a) They sell their paintings.
(b) They use his trust fund.
(c) They sell parts of the Dante manuscript.
(d) They perform on the street.
8. What does Alessandra's mother give Alessandra in Chapter 25?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A dress.
(d) A necklace.
9. How does the painter find Alessandra in the convent?
(a) Cristoforo told him.
(b) He got her letter.
(c) He saw her from the street.
(d) He heard of her fresco.
10. Where does the painter agree to go after being released from jail?
(c) New York.
11. Why does Erila learn how to tattoo?
(a) Because she likes the man who teaches it.
(b) To make extra money.
(c) So she can leave Alessandra one day.
(d) To help Alessandra keep the snake painting on her skin.
12. Why does Alessandra say she is writing down her sins in Chapter 49?
(a) Because Erila wants her life story.
(b) Because it is her mother's request.
(c) Because it makes her feel better.
(d) Because she wants the painter to read them.
13. What does Alessandra do after cutting her finger in Chapter 27?
(a) She yells for Erila to help her.
(b) She draws with the blood.
(c) She wraps it in a sheet.
(d) She goes to sleep.
14. In Chapter 40, why does the monk ask Alessandra and Erila for help?
(a) He wants to start a new church.
(b) He knows of an injured person.
(c) He can't afford to eat.
(d) He is trapped in jail.
15. In Chapter 24, what does Alessandra notice about the clothing worn by the people in Florence?
(a) The fabrics are cheap.
(b) It resembles the French style.
(c) The women wear shorter skirts.
(d) It lacks color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Alessandra's visit to Plautilla difficult in Chapter 26?
2. How does Savonarola react to the plague?
3. Who tells the painter about Alessandra's pregnancy?
4. What season is it in Chapter 35?
5. After the painter leaves, how does Alessandra describe life at the convent?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)