|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, how does the painter say he learned about the human form?
(a) From studying corpses.
(b) From spying on people.
(c) From reading books.
(d) From visiting prostitutes.
2. In Chapter 23, what does Savonarola say about his sermon?
(a) That women aren't allowed to listen to it.
(b) That it must be printed as well as heard.
(c) That it is about the future of Italy.
(d) That he has to charge to let people listen to it.
3. How does Savonarola react to the plague?
(a) He preaches from under a hood.
(b) He begins to practice medicine.
(c) He burns objects.
(d) He hands out free bibles.
4. After meeting the monk in Chapter 40, what does Alessandra think of the monk?
(a) That he is a spy.
(b) That he is diseased.
(c) That he is a murderer.
(d) That he is in trouble.
5. In Chapter 23, what does Savonarola say God told him?
(a) That he must collect taxes.
(b) That he should lead Italy.
(c) To remove sin from Florence.
(d) To lead the people in a revolution.
6. Who encourages Alessandra to try for a child with Cristoforo in Chapter 33?
(a) The painter.
7. In Chapter 20, how many days do the French stay in Florence?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 13 days.
8. Who does Alessandra have assist her with the fresco in the convent's chapel?
(a) The painter.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) The Mother Superior.
(d) No one.
9. Where does the painter agree to go after being released from jail?
(d) New York.
10. After the painter leaves, how does Alessandra describe life at the convent?
(a) As mournful.
(b) As beautiful.
(c) As changing.
(d) As boring.
11. What does Alessandra do when she cannot sleep in Chapter 27?
(a) She asks Cristoforo to speak with her.
(b) She reads a book.
(c) She decides to draw.
(d) She says prayers.
12. Why does Erila want Alessandra to stay in her bed in Chapter 28?
(a) To keep Alessandra from seeing the painter.
(b) To please Cristoforo.
(c) To help her take a break from painting.
(d) To protect Alessandra health.
13. What season is it in Chapter 35?
14. What does the man in the market with the snake tattoo do to it in front of Alessandra?
(a) He flicks the skin.
(b) He makes it move.
(c) He pretends to feed it.
(d) He covers it up.
15. How many people help Alessandra through her labor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Alessandra and Cristoforo do when the French come to Florence in Chapter 20?
2. How does Alessandra react when the monk asks for her help in Chapter 40?
3. Why does Cristoforo say Savonarola is losing power in Chapter 41?
4. Why does Alessandra fake her tumor?
5. How does the painter try to stop himself from painting in Chapter 30?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)