|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alessandra respond to the news that she will marry Cristoforo?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She says she has to think about it.
(d) She agrees.
2. Why doesn't Alessandra talk to the painter when he first begins to paint her?
(a) Because she is being watched by a servant.
(b) Because she is tired.
(c) Because the painter says she can't speak.
(d) Because she is nervous.
3. What does the painter finally talk to Alessandra about in Chapter 5?
4. What does Alessandra do when the painter won't speak to her in Chapter 5?
(a) She keeps changing the subject.
(b) She teases him.
(c) She stops talking.
(d) She yells at him.
5. What does Mother Superior discover about Sister Lucrezia's body?
(a) She had a terrible rash.
(b) She was covered in tumors.
(c) She had a tattoo.
(d) She was pregnant.
6. How does Alessandra feel about the order of painting in Chapter 1?
(a) She becomes sad listening to the conversation.
(b) She insists on being first.
(c) She wants her sister to leave her alone.
(d) She ignores the discussion.
7. In Chapter 1, why does Alessandra want to learn from the painter?
(a) Because she doesn't get to go to school.
(b) Because she is also an artist.
(c) Because she wants to earn money to move away from home.
(d) Because she thinks he is attractive.
8. In Chapter 10, where do Alessandra's parents talk to her about the French?
(a) On the patio.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the study.
9. After discussing Plautilla's pregnancy in Chapter 7, what does Tomaso change the subject to?
(a) The painter.
(b) His work.
(d) Alessandra's painting.
10. How does Savonarola describe the people of Florence?
11. How does Alessandra feel about Plautilla after her wedding in Chapter 7?
(a) She is happy she's gone.
(b) She doesn't think of Plautilla.
(c) She misses her.
(d) She is worried for her.
12. Why does Alessandra dress up in Chapter 12?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) Because she is meeting her sister.
(c) Because her mother forces her.
(d) Because she will see the painter.
13. How does Alessandra feel when she sneaks out in Chapter 16?
14. In Chapter 2, why does Alessandra have problems dancing?
(a) Because she is tall.
(b) Because no one will dance with her.
(c) Because she is overweight.
(d) Because she doesn't know how to dance.
15. What does Tomaso say to Alessandra before she is married?
(a) He doesn't say anything to her.
(b) He apologizes for being mean.
(c) He tells her to run away.
(d) He wishes her luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is the painter Alessandra's father knows hired for?
2. Who looks for a husband for Alessandra in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Plautilla feel the painter should paint her first?
4. What drawing does the painter drop in Chapter 16?
5. How does Alessandra's mother feel about her painting?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)