|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savonarola most often preach about?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) The immoral men.
(c) The way to heaven.
(d) The faults of women.
2. Why does Alessandra want medicine in Chapter 9?
(a) Because she wants an excuse to see the painter.
(b) Because her stomach hurts.
(c) Because of a headache.
(d) Because she has been having trouble sleeping.
3. In Chapter 11, where does Alessandra notice the man watching her?
(a) At a party.
(b) In church.
(c) In the market.
(d) At home.
4. Why does Alessandra's mother promise to stall the search for a husband?
(a) Because they can't afford a wedding.
(b) Because Alessandra's mother is against her daughter marrying.
(c) Because Alessandra isn't ready to be married.
(d) Because Alessandra's sister will be jealous.
5. How does the author describe Alessandra's wedding ceremony?
(b) Over crowded.
6. How does Savonarola describe the people of Florence?
7. What drawing does the painter drop in Chapter 16?
(a) A drawing of children.
(b) A drawing of a dead man.
(c) A drawing of a naked woman.
(d) A drawing of a tree.
8. Who tells Alessandra that she will enter into a marriage contract with Cristoforo?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
9. How old is Cristoforo when Alessandra agrees to marry him?
10. Why doesn't Alessandra talk to the painter when he first begins to paint her?
(a) Because she is nervous.
(b) Because the painter says she can't speak.
(c) Because she is tired.
(d) Because she is being watched by a servant.
11. In Chapter 3, what does Alessandra's mother warn her about her future husband?
(a) He may not be rich.
(b) He may be much older than she is.
(c) He may want to travel without her.
(d) He may not like her being an artist.
12. Where does Alessandra meet with the painter in Chapter 12?
(a) The chapel.
(b) The cemetary.
(c) His rooms.
(d) The garden.
13. In Chapter 9, why is it rumored that the murdered bodies will be moved?
(a) So they won't be found in the church.
(b) To keep bad luck away.
(c) Because they are different genders.
(d) No one knows why.
14. In Chapter 2, why does Alessandra have problems dancing?
(a) Because she is overweight.
(b) Because she is tall.
(c) Because no one will dance with her.
(d) Because she doesn't know how to dance.
15. What does Mother Superior discover about Sister Lucrezia's body?
(a) She was covered in tumors.
(b) She had a terrible rash.
(c) She had a tattoo.
(d) She was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alessandra go to the chapel in Chapter 8?
2. What does Alessandra ask of Cristoforo in Chapter 19?
3. When the bell rings in Chapter 17, what does it remind Alessandra's mother of?
4. What does Alessandra see of the painter's in the chapel in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Alessandra's father leave in Chapter 17?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)