|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why does Alessandra sneak into the artist's rooms?
(a) To look at his drawings.
(b) To try to talk to him.
(c) To hide from her sister.
(d) To borrow his paint.
2. In Chapter 1, when does Sister Lucrezia's story begin?
(a) In childhood.
(b) In adulthood.
(c) In infancy.
(d) In her teenage years.
3. Who tells Alessandra that Cristoforo is a homosexual?
(a) Alessandra's mother.
4. Who does Alessandra wait for her father with in Chapter 1?
(a) Her sister.
(b) She waits alone.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
5. In Chapter 10, where do Alessandra's parents talk to her about the French?
(a) On the patio.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the study.
(d) In her bedroom.
6. What does Sister Lucrezia want done with the nun's body in "Prologue"?
(a) She wants it buried in the clothes the nun was wearing when she died.
(b) She wants to put two rosaries on the nun's body.
(c) She wants the body to be put in a vault in the church.
(d) She wants it buried in new clothes.
7. Why does Alessandra go to the chapel in Chapter 8?
(a) Because she feels the need to pray.
(b) Because she finds a note telling her to go there.
(c) Because she knows the painter is there.
(d) Because she sees the light on.
8. How does Alessandra feel when she sneaks out in Chapter 16?
9. What does Cristoforo talk to Alessandra about the first time they speak?
10. What does Alessandra want Erila to give the painter in Chapter 6?
(a) A brush.
(b) A letter.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A book.
11. In Chapter 12, how many bodies are found?
12. Why do the people of Florence begin to go to church more in Chapter 11?
(a) To hear the monk preach.
(b) To save their souls.
(c) To celebrate their art.
(d) To pray for the French to leave.
13. What does Alessandra see of the painter's in the chapel in Chapter 8?
(a) A new set of paints.
(b) Some of his drawings.
(c) A woman friend.
(d) A bible.
14. In "Prologue," why does Mother Superior want to go against Sister Lucrezia's wishes?
(a) Because she dislikes Sister Lucrezia.
(b) To show her power in the church.
(c) To prove the plague didn't come from the convent.
(d) Because Sister Lucrezia's wishes are too expensive.
15. What drawing does the painter drop in Chapter 16?
(a) A drawing of children.
(b) A drawing of a naked woman.
(c) A drawing of a dead man.
(d) A drawing of a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Prologue," where does the nun die?
2. In Chapter 1, why does Alessandra want to learn from the painter?
3. In "Prologue," where is the plague outbreak?
4. What does Tomaso say to Alessandra before she is married?
5. When Alessandra wakes up in Chapter 9, why does she wait before going downstairs?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)