|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cristoforo show Alessandra after they are married?
(a) His art collection.
(b) His china.
(c) His hidden money.
(d) His clothing that needs to be fixed.
2. Why does Alessandra return home after sneaking out in Chapter 16?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because she is afraid of getting caught.
(c) Because she sees people she knows.
(d) Because she can't find the painter.
3. What does Cristoforo talk to Alessandra about the first time they speak?
4. Who tells Alessandra that she will enter into a marriage contract with Cristoforo?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
5. What does Alessandra see of the painter's in the chapel in Chapter 8?
(a) Some of his drawings.
(b) A bible.
(c) A woman friend.
(d) A new set of paints.
6. How does Alessandra feel about the order of painting in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants her sister to leave her alone.
(b) She becomes sad listening to the conversation.
(c) She ignores the discussion.
(d) She insists on being first.
7. In Chapter 4, what does Alessandra work on painting?
(a) The anointing.
(b) The last supper.
(c) The Crucifixion.
(d) The Annunciation.
8. How does Alessandra's mother feel about her painting?
(a) She thinks Alessandra's art is terrible, but she should still paint.
(b) She thinks Alessandra's art is good, and she should paint.
(c) She thinks Alessandra's art is terrible, and she shouldn't paint.
(d) She thinks Alessandra's art is good, but she shouldn't paint.
9. Why does Alessandra want medicine in Chapter 9?
(a) Because she has been having trouble sleeping.
(b) Because she wants an excuse to see the painter.
(c) Because her stomach hurts.
(d) Because of a headache.
10. Why does Alessandra meet with the painter in Chapter 12?
(a) To pose for him.
(b) So she can show him her work.
(c) So he can show her his work.
(d) To talk about the French.
11. After discussing Plautilla's pregnancy in Chapter 7, what does Tomaso change the subject to?
(a) Alessandra's painting.
(b) His work.
(c) The painter.
12. In "Prologue," why does Mother Superior want to go against Sister Lucrezia's wishes?
(a) To prove the plague didn't come from the convent.
(b) Because she dislikes Sister Lucrezia.
(c) To show her power in the church.
(d) Because Sister Lucrezia's wishes are too expensive.
13. Who does Alessandra wait for her father with in Chapter 1?
(a) She waits alone.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
14. Where are the bodies found in Chapter 12?
(a) The side of the road.
(b) The convent.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
15. What does Alessandra do with the drawing the painter drops in Chapter 16?
(a) She has Erila take it.
(b) She takes it to her room.
(c) She ignores it.
(d) She gives it back to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Erila feel about giving the painter a present from Alessandra in Chapter 6?
2. How does Alessandra feel when she sneaks out in Chapter 16?
3. When Alessandra first sits for the painter, what does she ask him about talent?
4. Where does Alessandra meet with the painter in Chapter 12?
5. How does Alessandra feel about her father going on the trip with the painter in Chapter 1?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)