|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 35-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the painter grid the roof of the chapel in Chapter 15?
(a) To prepare it for painting.
(b) To measure it.
(c) To fix it from the damage he did.
(d) To avoid talking to Alessandra.
2. What does the painter say about Alessandra's desire to paint in Chapter 12?
(a) That she isn't talented enough.
(b) He says nothing about her desire to paint.
(c) That she is a woman and can't paint.
(d) That he won't teach her.
3. Why does Alessandra return home after sneaking out in Chapter 16?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because she sees people she knows.
(c) Because she can't find the painter.
(d) Because she is afraid of getting caught.
4. When Alessandra returns home in Chapter 37, what does Cristoforo worry about?
(a) The painter's relationship with Alessandra.
(b) Tomaso's health.
(c) Alessandra's pregnancy.
5. What does Alessandra see of the painter's in the chapel in Chapter 8?
(a) Some of his drawings.
(b) A new set of paints.
(c) A bible.
(d) A woman friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rumored to have killed Sister Lucrezia in the convent?
2. How does the painter try to stop himself from painting in Chapter 30?
3. What does Alessandra see on the ceiling of the chapel in Chapter 30?
4. What does Alessandra do after Plautilla visits in Chapter 35?
5. In Chapter 8, why does Alessandra stay up late?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)