|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 35-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 31, why does Alessandra want to see the painter during the night?
(a) Because she wants to learn about his life.
(b) Because she is lonely.
(c) Because she is jealous of Erila.
(d) Because he cries out.
2. After discussing Plautilla's pregnancy in Chapter 7, what does Tomaso change the subject to?
(a) His work.
(b) The painter.
(c) Alessandra's painting.
3. In Chapter 28, what does Cristoforo give to Alessandra?
(a) A large sum of money.
(b) A studio.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A set of paints.
4. What upsets Tomaso most about his case of boils?
(a) The way he is treated by the French.
(b) His lack of energy.
(c) The inability to use his hands.
(d) His declining beauty.
5. When Alessandra sees the man watching her in Chapter 11, where does she realize she knows him from?
(b) He's a friend of the painter.
(c) She doesn't know him.
(d) Her sister's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Erila say Alessandra had a miscarriage in Chapter 28?
2. What does Alessandra discover when she returns home in Chapter 29?
3. What does Mother Superior discover about Sister Lucrezia's body?
4. What does the man in the market with the snake tattoo do to it in front of Alessandra?
5. What is traditionally done to nuns after they die?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)