|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 26-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, when does Sister Lucrezia's story begin?
(a) In childhood.
(b) In adulthood.
(c) In infancy.
(d) In her teenage years.
2. Why does Alessandra dress up in Chapter 12?
(a) Because her mother forces her.
(b) Because she will see the painter.
(c) Because she is bored.
(d) Because she is meeting her sister.
3. What does Alessandra do when she hears a noise in the chapel in Chapter 8?
(a) She ignores it.
(b) She calls out to it.
(c) She makes the painter check it out.
(d) She hides.
4. How does the painter try to stop himself from painting in Chapter 30?
(a) He stops eating.
(b) He locks himself in the chapel.
(c) He burns his paints.
(d) He wounds both his hands.
5. In Chapter 8, why does Alessandra stay up late?
(a) She dislikes her new bed.
(b) She is waiting for the painter to come home.
(c) She is thinking about painting.
(d) She drank too much coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the painter returns Alessandra drawings to her, what does he ask?
2. How does Alessandra feel about her father going on the trip with the painter in Chapter 1?
3. Who tells Alessandra about the murder in the church?
4. In what century does "The Birth of Venus" take place?
5. When the bell rings in Chapter 17, what does it remind Alessandra's mother of?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)