|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Alessandra's mother warn her about her future husband?
(a) He may want to travel without her.
(b) He may not be rich.
(c) He may be much older than she is.
(d) He may not like her being an artist.
2. When does Tomaso believe Alessandra should be painted in Chapter 1?
(b) He doesn't care when she is painted.
(c) He thinks she shouldn't be painted.
3. In Chapter 2, why does Alessandra have problems dancing?
(a) Because she doesn't know how to dance.
(b) Because she is overweight.
(c) Because no one will dance with her.
(d) Because she is tall.
4. Why does Alessandra's mother promise to stall the search for a husband?
(a) Because Alessandra's sister will be jealous.
(b) Because Alessandra's mother is against her daughter marrying.
(c) Because they can't afford a wedding.
(d) Because Alessandra isn't ready to be married.
5. How does Alessandra's mother feel about her painting?
(a) She thinks Alessandra's art is terrible, and she shouldn't paint.
(b) She thinks Alessandra's art is good, and she should paint.
(c) She thinks Alessandra's art is good, but she shouldn't paint.
(d) She thinks Alessandra's art is terrible, but she should still paint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Alessandra talk to the painter when he first begins to paint her?
2. Who does Alessandra wait for her father with in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Plautilla feel the painter should paint her first?
4. In Chapter 1, why does Alessandra want to learn from the painter?
5. Why does Alessandra struggle to paint in Chapter 4?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)