|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Alessandra feel about marriage?
(a) She is afraid of marriage.
(b) She thinks the idea is funny.
(c) She does not want to be married.
(d) She longs to be married.
2. Why does Alessandra see the painter leave her house at night in Chapter 4?
(a) Because she had been following him all day.
(b) Because she was coming home late.
(c) Because her sister woke her up to show her.
(d) Because she can't sleep.
3. Who looks for a husband for Alessandra in Chapter 3?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
4. What is traditionally done to nuns after they die?
(a) They are washed.
(b) They are covered in a white sheet.
(c) They are immediately buried.
(d) They are given a rosary in their hand.
5. In Chapter 1, why does Alessandra sneak into the artist's rooms?
(a) To hide from her sister.
(b) To look at his drawings.
(c) To borrow his paint.
(d) To try to talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alessandra feel about her father going on the trip with the painter in Chapter 1?
2. In "Prologue," why does Mother Superior want to go against Sister Lucrezia's wishes?
3. In "Prologue," where does the nun die?
4. In Chapter 1, why does Alessandra want to learn from the painter?
5. In Chapter 1, what is the painter Alessandra's father knows hired for?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)