|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 40-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the painter arrested in Chapter 41?
(a) Because Tomaso said he was a homosexual.
(b) Because he never finished the fresco.
(c) Because he committed adultery.
(d) Because he painted a devil in a church.
2. What does Alessandra see on the ceiling of the chapel in Chapter 30?
(a) An image of a hurt angel.
(b) A self-portrait of the painter.
(c) Her face.
(d) An image of the devil.
3. How does Tomaso react to news of Plautilla's pregnancy?
(a) He says Alessandra will be next.
(b) He says it is gross.
(c) He says it better be a boy.
(d) He says he is proud.
4. What does Tomaso say damaged Alessandra before she was born?
(a) Their father's drinking.
(b) Their mother falling.
(c) Their mother witnessing violence.
(d) Their father leaving to fight in a war.
5. In Chapter 11, where does Alessandra notice the man watching her?
(a) In the market.
(b) In church.
(c) At a party.
(d) At home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Pope excommunicate Savonarola?
2. Who does Plautilla want to talk about when she visits Alessandra in Chapter 35?
3. Who looks for a husband for Alessandra in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Cristoforo say he married Alessandra?
5. When Alessandra first sits for the painter, what does she ask him about talent?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)