Prologue and Part 1: Chapters 1-2
• In "Prologue," a nun dies and is discovered to have a fake tumor and a tattoo.
• Alessandra's father brings home a painter, who she hopes to learn from.
• Alessandra's family argues about who the painter should paint first.
• Alessandra's family prepares for her sister's wedding.
• Alessandra feels second-class compared to her siblings.
Part 1: Chapters 3-6
• Alessandra is told that her father is looking for a husband for her even though Alessandra does not want to be married.
• Alessandra finds it difficult to paint because she feels she doesn't know enough.
• Alessandra sits for the painter with a servant as an escort.
• The painter refuses to speak to Alessandra until she brings up Florence.
• Alessandra has her servant give the painter an art book.
• Alessandra's family attends the services for Lorenzo de' Medici.
• A murder occurs near Alessandra's town and is unsolved.
Part 1: Chapters 7-10
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)