|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon arriving at the Trigg farm, what does Nat notice about the sheep?
(a) The birds have slaughtered them.
(b) They cower, terrified, in their pen.
(c) They are thin and emaciated.
(d) They have broken through. the fence to graze
2. In the face of impending attacks, what does the announcer ask the population to do?
(b) Remain calm.
(c) Embrace their loved ones.
(d) Fight like hell.
3. While driving home from the farm, whose body does Mrs. Hocken spot, and request Nat drive carefully around?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) The news announcer.
(c) The milkman.
(d) The postman.
4. During the third attack, what room does Nat realize the birds have broken into?
(a) The children’s bedroom.
(b) The attic.
(c) The pantry.
(d) The living room.
5. How many journeys does Nat make between the farm and his home, loading up his car with supplies?
6. Which adjective best describes the announcer’s voice during his afternoon broadcast?
7. Before the final attack, what does Nat mistake the swarm of gulls as?
(a) The Navy.
(b) An airplane.
(d) A wave.
8. What does Nat realize the droning during dinner really is?
(a) The birds.
(b) Trigg’s truck.
(d) Fighter planes.
9. Why does Nat whistle and sing while preparing dinner for his family?
(a) He always whistles when he’s nervous.
(b) He is happy about the broadcast.
(c) He doesn’t know what else to do.
(d) He doesn’t want to frighten them.
10. How do Jill and Johnny react to the droning sound during dinner?
(a) They jump up and down with excitement.
(b) They dutifully hide under the table.
(c) They stare blankly at their parents.
(d) They burst into tears.
11. After the third attack, what emotion overcomes Nat?
12. How does Nat react to the crashing sound, which ends the droning?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is relieved.
13. Why does Mrs. Hocken forbid Nat from gathering supplies at the Trigg home?
(a) She doesn’t want to be left alone.
(b) She doesn’t like the Triggs.
(c) She thinks they have enough supplies as it is.
(d) It's too dangerous.
14. How does Nat enter the Trigg home?
(a) With his spare key.
(b) Through a smashed window.
(c) By breaking open the door.
(d) Through the unlocked front door.
15. Which type of dead bird litters the Trigg farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the character in question 74 think an army attack would be a waste?
2. Before signing off for the afternoon, when does the announcer promise to resume broadcast?
3. After battling birds in the kitchen, what does Nat ask his wife for?
4. What detail about the Trigg farm initially fills Nat with misgiving?
5. During the “special” dinner Nat’s prepared, how many birds break in?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)