|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which month does the story open?
2. At what time is the news broadcast in the evening?
(a) Ten o’clock.
(b) There is no evening broadcast.
(c) Eight o’clock.
(d) Six o’clock.
3. When Nat phones about the birds flying inland, how does the voice on the other end sound?
4. When Nat sees the gulls circling overhead, what do they look like they’re waiting for?
(c) The tide.
5. What type of bird makes a kamikaze dive toward Nat’s head?
(a) A gull.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A gannet.
(d) A starling.
6. What does Mr. Trigg offer Nat for protection against the birds?
(a) Pepper spray.
(b) A net.
(c) A machete.
(d) A gun.
7. How does Jill get to school each day?
(a) By carpool.
(b) By walking.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By bus.
8. What type of land does Nat live on?
(a) An island.
(b) A peninsula.
(c) An isle.
(d) A land lock.
9. During the first attack, how long does Nat battle against the birds in the bedroom?
(a) He has no idea.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Over an hour.
(d) Half an hour.
10. What type of birds were involved in the previous night’s attack?
(a) Hunting birds, like hawks.
(b) Small birds, like wrens.
(c) Medium birds, like robins.
(d) Large birds, like seagulls.
11. After the first attack, what color is used to describe the morning sky?
12. How long does Nat wait at the bus stop before Jill’s bus arrives?
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
13. At the story’s opening, how does Nat describe the birds’ strange behavior?
(a) As haunting.
(b) As confused.
(c) As violent.
(d) As restless.
14. What does Nat take with him from the shed when he picks Jill up from the bus stop?
(a) A shovel.
(b) An axe.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A hoe.
15. What lighthearted offer does Mr. Trigg make to Nat for the next morning?
(a) A feather jacket.
(b) A shooting lesson.
(c) A gull breakfast.
(d) A bird hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nat returns home from burying the bodies, what news does his wife deliver?
2. While Nat prepares for the next bird attack, what does his wife do?
3. What do the seagulls camouflage while Nat is burying the bird bodies?
4. What does Mr. Trigg think is affecting the birds’ behavior?
5. While waiting at the bus stop, how does Nat know the birds are headed inland?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)