|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nat most frequently pass time watching the birds?
(a) Before he goes to bed.
(b) First thing in the morning.
(c) During his midday meal.
(d) On his way home from work.
2. When Nat sees the gulls circling overhead, what do they look like they’re waiting for?
(d) The tide.
3. How does Jill get to school each day?
(a) By walking.
(b) By bus.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By carpool.
4. What type of birds were involved in the previous night’s attack?
(a) Small birds, like wrens.
(b) Medium birds, like robins.
(c) Hunting birds, like hawks.
(d) Large birds, like seagulls.
5. During the first attack, how long does Nat battle against the birds in the bedroom?
(a) He has no idea.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Over an hour.
6. Why doesn’t Nat ride along with Jill?
(a) He still has to pick up Johnny.
(b) There isn’t enough room.
(c) He wants to make another phone call.
(d) There isn’t enough time for him to climb into the car.
7. How does Nat know the birds have made it into the children’s bedroom during the first attack?
(a) He hears the birds’ wings. beating together
(b) He hears the children screaming.
(c) He smells the birds’ animal scent through the walls.
(d) He sees the birds fly through the window.
8. After the first attack, what color is used to describe the morning sky?
9. Where does the bird draw blood from Nat during the first attack?
(a) From his hand.
(b) From his eyes.
(c) From his neck.
(d) From his ear.
10. Throughout the story, whom does Nat often order to “do what I tell you”?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
(d) His boss.
11. When Nat phones about the birds flying inland, how does the voice on the other end sound?
12. Why hasn’t Mr. Trigg boarded up his windows against the attacking birds?
(a) He thinks his dogs will scare them off.
(b) He doesn’t believe they’ll attack.
(c) He has hung barbed wire instead.
(d) He didn’t have enough time.
13. What does Mr. Trigg think is affecting the birds’ behavior?
(b) The tides..
(c) Air traffic.
(d) The weather
14. What is Mrs. Trigg’s reaction to Nat’s story about the previous night’s attack?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is horrified.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is skeptical.
15. What lighthearted offer does Mr. Trigg make to Nat for the next morning?
(a) A gull breakfast.
(b) A shooting lesson.
(c) A bird hat.
(d) A feather jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat find most annoying about the radio news broadcaster?
2. Who suggests that the army should shoot the birds out of the sky?
3. During the attacks, where does Nat decide his family should sleep?
4. What is the first thing Nat does when he hears about the other bird attacks?
5. At what time is the news broadcast in the evening?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)