|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can’t Nat bury the bird bodies in his back garden?
(a) His wife forbids it.
(b) There's not enough space.
(c) The ground is too hard.
(d) He's afraid of their evil spirits.
2. When does Nat most frequently pass time watching the birds?
(a) During his midday meal.
(b) Before he goes to bed.
(c) On his way home from work.
(d) First thing in the morning.
3. What type of land does Nat live on?
(a) A peninsula.
(b) An isle.
(c) A land lock.
(d) An island.
4. Whose body is found next to the Triggs’ telephone?
(a) The farmhand.
(b) The dog.
(c) Mr. Trigg.
(d) Mrs. Trigg.
5. What does Mr. Trigg think is affecting the birds’ behavior?
(a) The weather
(b) Air traffic.
(d) The tides..
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character thinks an army attack against the birds would be a “waste of life”?
2. What sound fills the room when the news announcement fails to broadcast?
3. What detail about the Trigg farm initially fills Nat with misgiving?
4. Which aspect of the birds’ behavior does Nat find most interesting?
5. Between attacks, how is the sky frequently described?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)