|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While collecting supplies, what reason does Nat realize the birds have for not attacking him?
(a) They are only interested in small children.
(b) They are waiting for the tide to turn.
(c) The attacks have mysteriously stopped.
(d) They are gorged with food.
2. In the face of impending attacks, what does the announcer ask the population to do?
(a) Embrace their loved ones.
(b) Remain calm.
(d) Fight like hell.
3. What does Mr. Trigg do for a living?
(a) He is a newscaster.
(b) He is a schoolteacher.
(c) He is a scientist.
(d) He is a farmer.
4. During the first attack, how long does Nat battle against the birds in the bedroom?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) Over an hour.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
5. Why does the character in question 74 think an army attack would be a waste?
(a) The birds aren’t really a threat.
(b) The army has more important things to do.
(c) The army should never get involved in national defense.
(d) There are too many birds. to fight against
Short Answer Questions
1. After battling birds in the kitchen, what does Nat ask his wife for?
2. How does Nat react to the crashing sound, which ends the droning?
3. Which of the following bird species is NOT mentioned in the one o’clock news?
4. While waiting at the bus stop, how does Nat know the birds are headed inland?
5. What wind does Nat claim brought the birds to his neighborhood?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)