|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the seagulls camouflage while Nat is burying the bird bodies?
(a) The waves.
(b) The telephone lines.
(c) The trees.
(d) The sand dunes.
2. What does Nat do with the bird bodies he finds in his yard?
(a) He stores them for fire kindling.
(b) He takes them to the beach for burial.
(c) He stacks them on the windowsills to enforce the barricades.
(d) He leaves them to rot.
3. What does Nat find most annoying about the radio news broadcaster?
(a) The terror he inflicts on listeners.
(b) The suaveness of his voice.
(c) His accent.
(d) His stuttering speech.
4. During the “special” dinner Nat’s prepared, how many birds break in?
5. According to Nat’s calculation, how long will each “lull” between attacks last?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens the children enough for Nat to shout at them to “Stop crying”?
2. What type of birds were involved in the previous night’s attack?
3. Why does Nat worry about the cows during the bird attacks?
4. Where does Nat find the farmhand’s body?
5. How many birds does Nat kill during the attack in the children’s bedroom?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)