|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between attacks, how is the sky frequently described?
(a) As crisp and bright.
(b) As sunny and clear.
(c) As gray and stormy.
(d) As wet and cloudy.
2. After the first attack, what part of the children’s body does Nat realize the birds were trying to attack?
(a) Their legs.
(b) Their chests.
(c) Their throats.
(d) Their eyes.
3. Why hasn’t Mr. Trigg boarded up his windows against the attacking birds?
(a) He has hung barbed wire instead.
(b) He doesn’t believe they’ll attack.
(c) He thinks his dogs will scare them off.
(d) He didn’t have enough time.
4. While driving home from the farm, whose body does Mrs. Hocken spot, and request Nat drive carefully around?
(a) The milkman.
(b) The postman.
(c) The news announcer.
(d) The bus driver.
5. What sound fills the room when the news announcement fails to broadcast?
(d) Dance music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What haunting sound does Nat hear when the birds start to attack on his way home from the bus stop?
2. What does Nat do with the bird bodies he finds in his yard?
3. What is Mrs. Trigg’s reaction to Nat’s story about the previous night’s attack?
4. How did the birds get into the children’s bedroom?
5. How does Nat know the birds have made it into the children’s bedroom during the first attack?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)