|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the crucial supplies Nat seeks to collect?
2. How do Jill and Johnny react to the droning sound during dinner?
(a) They jump up and down with excitement.
(b) They dutifully hide under the table.
(c) They burst into tears.
(d) They stare blankly at their parents.
3. Which adjective best describes the announcer’s voice during his afternoon broadcast?
4. What music, coming from the wireless radio, alerts Nat that something is wrong?
(a) Rock music.
(b) Patriotic music.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Dance music.
5. What country does Mrs. Trigg think the violent birds have come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animals are described as “distressed” when Nat arrives at the farm?
2. Throughout the story, whom does Nat often order to “do what I tell you”?
3. Why does Mrs. Hocken insist on being taken to the farm with Nat?
4. How does Nat know the birds have made it into the children’s bedroom during the first attack?
5. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)