|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the news, which of these is NOT a way the attacks affected London?
(a) Work was abandoned.
(b) People began fleeing the city.
(c) Crowds of people gathered on the streets.
(d) Traffic came to a standstill.
2. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
(a) The weather.
(b) The world.
(c) The politics.
(d) Nat’s heart.
3. How did the birds get into the children’s bedroom?
(a) Through the wooden floor.boards
(b) Through the chimney.
(c) Through a hole in the roof. shingles
(d) Through an open window.
4. At what time is the news broadcast in the evening?
(a) Six o’clock.
(b) There is no evening broadcast.
(c) Eight o’clock.
(d) Ten o’clock.
5. How do Jill and Johnny react to the droning sound during dinner?
(a) They burst into tears.
(b) They jump up and down with excitement.
(c) They stare blankly at their parents.
(d) They dutifully hide under the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat find most annoying about the radio news broadcaster?
2. Which character thinks an army attack against the birds would be a “waste of life”?
3. After the first attack, what part of the children’s body does Nat realize the birds were trying to attack?
4. After the second attack, how many birds litter Nat’s yard?
5. What sound fills the room when the news announcement fails to broadcast?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)