|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After battling birds in the kitchen, what does Nat ask his wife for?
(a) A massage.
(b) A beer.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A sandwich.
2. Why hasn’t Mr. Trigg boarded up his windows against the attacking birds?
(a) He thinks his dogs will scare them off.
(b) He doesn’t believe they’ll attack.
(c) He didn’t have enough time.
(d) He has hung barbed wire instead.
3. Where does Nat deposit the bird bodies collected from his home?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the river,
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) At the farm.
4. What haunting sound does Nat hear when the birds start to attack on his way home from the bus stop?
(a) The birds’ screeching cry.
(b) The screams of his neighbors.
(c) The smash of automobiles crashing.
(d) The beating of wings.
5. How do Jill and Johnny react to the droning sound during dinner?
(a) They burst into tears.
(b) They stare blankly at their parents.
(c) They dutifully hide under the table.
(d) They jump up and down with excitement.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first attack, how long does Nat battle against the birds in the bedroom?
2. During the third attack, what room does Nat realize the birds have broken into?
3. While Nat prepares for the next bird attack, what does his wife do?
4. What does Mr. Trigg think is affecting the birds’ behavior?
5. What music, coming from the wireless radio, alerts Nat that something is wrong?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)