|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Hocken hears droning during dinner, what does she think it is?
(c) The birds.
2. At what time is the news broadcast in the evening?
(a) Ten o’clock.
(b) There is no evening broadcast.
(c) Eight o’clock.
(d) Six o’clock.
3. Why hasn’t Mr. Trigg boarded up his windows against the attacking birds?
(a) He doesn’t believe they’ll attack.
(b) He has hung barbed wire instead.
(c) He thinks his dogs will scare them off.
(d) He didn’t have enough time.
4. How does Nat react to the crashing sound, which ends the droning?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is confused.
5. What does Nat find most annoying about the radio news broadcaster?
(a) The terror he inflicts on listeners.
(b) His accent.
(c) The suaveness of his voice.
(d) His stuttering speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. After battling birds in the kitchen, what does Nat ask his wife for?
2. When Nat sees the gulls circling overhead, what do they look like they’re waiting for?
3. What frightens the children enough for Nat to shout at them to “Stop crying”?
4. What type of birds were involved in the previous night’s attack?
5. What does Mr. Trigg do for a living?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)