|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound fills the room when the news announcement fails to broadcast?
(c) Dance music.
2. During the first attack, how long does Nat battle against the birds in the bedroom?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) Over an hour.
(d) Half an hour.
3. While Nat prepares for the next bird attack, what does his wife do?
(a) She paints her fingernails.
(b) She gossips on the phone.
(c) She washes her hair.
(d) She makes dinner.
4. Which of the following bird species is NOT mentioned in the one o’clock news?
5. Why doesn’t Nat ride along with Jill?
(a) There isn’t enough room.
(b) He wants to make another phone call.
(c) There isn’t enough time for him to climb into the car.
(d) He still has to pick up Johnny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wind does Nat claim brought the birds to his neighborhood?
2. With each attack, what has changed about the birds?
3. When Mrs. Hocken hears droning during dinner, what does she think it is?
4. At the story’s opening, how does Nat describe the birds’ strange behavior?
5. Why does Nat worry about the cows during the bird attacks?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)