|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the story’s opening, how does Nat describe the birds’ strange behavior?
(a) As confused.
(b) As violent.
(c) As restless.
(d) As haunting.
2. According to the news, which of these is NOT a way the attacks affected London?
(a) Work was abandoned.
(b) Crowds of people gathered on the streets.
(c) Traffic came to a standstill.
(d) People began fleeing the city.
3. How does Jill get to school each day?
(a) By walking.
(b) By carpool.
(c) By bus.
(d) By bicycle.
4. When Nat phones about the birds flying inland, how does the voice on the other end sound?
5. Why doesn’t Nat ride along with Jill?
(a) He still has to pick up Johnny.
(b) There isn’t enough room.
(c) He wants to make another phone call.
(d) There isn’t enough time for him to climb into the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Nat prepares for the next bird attack, what does his wife do?
2. At what time is the news broadcast in the evening?
3. What do the seagulls camouflage while Nat is burying the bird bodies?
4. What does Nat use as a weapon to beat the birds out of the children’s bedroom?
5. What lighthearted offer does Mr. Trigg make to Nat for the next morning?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)