|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout the story, whom does Nat often order to “do what I tell you”?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) His boss.
2. During the first attack, how long does Nat battle against the birds in the bedroom?
(a) He has no idea.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Over an hour.
(d) Half an hour.
3. During the attacks, where does Nat decide his family should sleep?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. During which month does the story open?
5. How does Nat react to his wife’s news?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is devastated.
(d) He is skeptical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn’t Nat ride along with Jill?
2. Why hasn’t Mr. Trigg boarded up his windows against the attacking birds?
3. How does Jill get to school each day?
4. What does Mr. Trigg offer Nat for protection against the birds?
5. Which aspect of the birds’ behavior does Nat find most interesting?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)