|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the first attack, what part of the children’s body does Nat realize the birds were trying to attack?
(a) Their legs.
(b) Their chests.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their throats.
2. At what time is the news broadcast in the evening?
(a) Eight o’clock.
(b) There is no evening broadcast.
(c) Six o’clock.
(d) Ten o’clock.
3. How many days does Nat work on the farm?
4. What type of birds were involved in the previous night’s attack?
(a) Hunting birds, like hawks.
(b) Small birds, like wrens.
(c) Medium birds, like robins.
(d) Large birds, like seagulls.
5. What do the seagulls camouflage while Nat is burying the bird bodies?
(a) The sand dunes.
(b) The telephone lines.
(c) The waves.
(d) The trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat find most annoying about the radio news broadcaster?
2. Which character says, “Come on now … let’s see how fast you can run”?
3. Which aspect of the birds’ behavior does Nat find most interesting?
4. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
5. When does Nat most frequently pass time watching the birds?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)