|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Nat wait at the bus stop before Jill’s bus arrives?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
2. How does Nat react to his wife’s news?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is skeptical.
3. Which character says, “Come on now … let’s see how fast you can run”?
(b) The operator.
(d) Mr. Trigg.
4. How does Nat know the birds have made it into the children’s bedroom during the first attack?
(a) He hears the children screaming.
(b) He hears the birds’ wings. beating together
(c) He smells the birds’ animal scent through the walls.
(d) He sees the birds fly through the window.
5. During the attacks, where does Nat decide his family should sleep?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the shed.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he sees the birds heading inland, who does Nat telephone?
2. Throughout the story, whom does Nat often order to “do what I tell you”?
3. What country does Mrs. Trigg think the violent birds have come from?
4. Apart from food, water, and wood what supply does Nat realize his family is low on?
5. How did the birds get into the children’s bedroom?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)