|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nat deposit the bird bodies collected from his home?
(a) In a dumpster.
(b) In the river,
(c) On the beach.
(d) At the farm.
2. During the one o’clock news bulletin, how are the birds described?
(a) As a nightmare.
(b) As bloodthirsty monsters.
(c) As a thick, black cloud.
(d) As a confused species.
3. After looking in the larder, how long does Nat reckon his family can survive with their current supplies?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
4. In the story’s opening paragraph, what does the reader learn about Nat Hocken?
(a) He is an ornithologist.
(b) He is a war veteran.
(c) He is an only child.
(d) He is the father of three children.
5. Why hasn’t Mr. Trigg boarded up his windows against the attacking birds?
(a) He thinks his dogs will scare them off.
(b) He has hung barbed wire instead.
(c) He doesn’t believe they’ll attack.
(d) He didn’t have enough time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Mrs. Trigg think the violent birds have come from?
2. What does Nat use as a weapon to beat the birds out of the children’s bedroom?
3. During the first attack, how long does Nat battle against the birds in the bedroom?
4. During the attacks, where does Nat decide his family should sleep?
5. Why doesn’t Nat ride along with Jill?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)