|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Nat wait at the bus stop before Jill’s bus arrives?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. When Nat sees the gulls circling overhead, what do they look like they’re waiting for?
(a) The tide.
3. As he watches the birds fly closer, what does Nat realize is their target?
(a) The church.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The farm.
(d) The school.
4. What does Mr. Trigg do for a living?
(a) He is a newscaster.
(b) He is a schoolteacher.
(c) He is a scientist.
(d) He is a farmer.
5. While Nat prepares for the next bird attack, what does his wife do?
(a) She paints her fingernails.
(b) She makes dinner.
(c) She gossips on the phone.
(d) She washes her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story’s opening paragraph, what does the reader learn about Nat Hocken?
2. Who does Mr. Trigg think has poisoned the birds?
3. What does Mr. Trigg think is affecting the birds’ behavior?
4. What type of bird makes a kamikaze dive toward Nat’s head?
5. Where does the bird draw blood from Nat during the first attack?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)