|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Mrs. Trigg think the violent birds have come from?
2. What type of birds were involved in the previous night’s attack?
(a) Large birds, like seagulls.
(b) Small birds, like wrens.
(c) Medium birds, like robins.
(d) Hunting birds, like hawks.
3. When he sees the birds heading inland, who does Nat telephone?
(a) The police.
(b) The operator.
(c) The news broadcaster.
(d) The prime minister.
4. When Nat returns home from burying the bodies, what news does his wife deliver?
(a) Their daughter has been attacked while at school.
(b) The army is sending planes to fight against the attacking birds.
(c) There have been bird attacks all around the country.
(d) Mr. Trigg is dead.
5. What does Mr. Trigg do for a living?
(a) He is a schoolteacher.
(b) He is a newscaster.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the attacks, where does Nat decide his family should sleep?
2. What is the first thing Nat does when he hears about the other bird attacks?
3. How long does Nat wait at the bus stop before Jill’s bus arrives?
4. Which of the following bird species is NOT mentioned in the one o’clock news?
5. What does Nat take with him from the shed when he picks Jill up from the bus stop?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)