|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, “Come on now … let’s see how fast you can run”?
(c) Mr. Trigg.
(d) The operator.
2. While waiting at the bus stop, how does Nat know the birds are headed inland?
(a) By their cries.
(b) By the wind.
(c) By their speed.
(d) By their size.
3. When Nat phones about the birds flying inland, how does the voice on the other end sound?
4. Why doesn’t Nat ride along with Jill?
(a) He wants to make another phone call.
(b) He still has to pick up Johnny.
(c) There isn’t enough time for him to climb into the car.
(d) There isn’t enough room.
5. When Nat returns home from burying the bodies, what news does his wife deliver?
(a) There have been bird attacks all around the country.
(b) Mr. Trigg is dead.
(c) The army is sending planes to fight against the attacking birds.
(d) Their daughter has been attacked while at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he watches the birds fly closer, what does Nat realize is their target?
2. During the one o’clock news bulletin, how are the birds described?
3. Who suggests that the army should shoot the birds out of the sky?
4. What does Nat take with him from the shed when he picks Jill up from the bus stop?
5. On the story’s first evening, what wakes Nat from sleep?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)