|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of land does Nat live on?
(a) An isle.
(b) A peninsula.
(c) A land lock.
(d) An island.
2. How does Jill get to school each day?
(a) By bus.
(b) By carpool.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By walking.
3. What does Nat use as a weapon to beat the birds out of the children’s bedroom?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A rag doll.
(d) A Bible.
4. How many birds does Nat kill during the attack in the children’s bedroom?
5. On the story’s first evening, what wakes Nat from sleep?
(a) His daughter crying.
(b) The wind howling in the chimney.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) Tapping at his window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the seagulls camouflage while Nat is burying the bird bodies?
2. After the first attack, what color is used to describe the morning sky?
3. What does Mr. Trigg think is affecting the birds’ behavior?
4. What type of birds were involved in the previous night’s attack?
5. How did the birds get into the children’s bedroom?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)