|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which month does the story open?
2. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
(a) The world.
(b) Nat’s heart.
(c) The politics.
(d) The weather.
3. During the first attack, how long does Nat battle against the birds in the bedroom?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) He has no idea.
(d) Over an hour.
4. What country does Mrs. Trigg think the violent birds have come from?
5. What wind does Nat claim brought the birds to his neighborhood?
(a) The north wind.
(b) The west wind.
(c) The east wind.
(d) The south wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of birds were involved in the previous night’s attack?
2. How many birds does Nat kill during the attack in the children’s bedroom?
3. How many days does Nat work on the farm?
4. Where does Nat deposit the bird bodies collected from his home?
5. When does Nat most frequently pass time watching the birds?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)