|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first attack, how long does Nat battle against the birds in the bedroom?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Over an hour.
2. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
(a) Nat’s heart.
(b) The weather.
(c) The politics.
(d) The world.
3. How does Nat know the birds have made it into the children’s bedroom during the first attack?
(a) He smells the birds’ animal scent through the walls.
(b) He hears the birds’ wings. beating together
(c) He hears the children screaming.
(d) He sees the birds fly through the window.
4. What wind does Nat claim brought the birds to his neighborhood?
(a) The east wind.
(b) The north wind.
(c) The south wind.
(d) The west wind.
5. On the story’s first evening, what wakes Nat from sleep?
(a) Tapping at his window.
(b) His daughter crying.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) The wind howling in the chimney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which aspect of the birds’ behavior does Nat find most interesting?
2. After the first attack, what color is used to describe the morning sky?
3. What country does Mrs. Trigg think the violent birds have come from?
4. Where does Nat deposit the bird bodies collected from his home?
5. Why can’t Nat bury the bird bodies in his back garden?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)