|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the story’s opening, how does Nat describe the birds’ strange behavior?
(a) As restless.
(b) As confused.
(c) As violent.
(d) As haunting.
2. What type of land does Nat live on?
(a) An isle.
(b) A peninsula.
(c) An island.
(d) A land lock.
3. On the story’s first evening, what wakes Nat from sleep?
(a) Tapping at his window.
(b) The wind howling in the chimney.
(c) His daughter crying.
(d) A nightmare.
4. How does Nat react to his wife’s news?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is skeptical.
(c) He is devastated.
(d) He is excited.
5. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
(a) The weather.
(b) The politics.
(c) The world.
(d) Nat’s heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Trigg think is affecting the birds’ behavior?
2. During the first attack, how long does Nat battle against the birds in the bedroom?
3. Where does Nat deposit the bird bodies collected from his home?
4. Who does Mrs. Trigg suggest Nat should call to find out the reason behind the bird attacks?
5. What is Mrs. Trigg’s reaction to Nat’s story about the previous night’s attack?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)