|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the seagulls camouflage while Nat is burying the bird bodies?
(a) The telephone lines.
(b) The waves.
(c) The sand dunes.
(d) The trees.
2. How did the birds get into the children’s bedroom?
(a) Through the wooden floor.boards
(b) Through an open window.
(c) Through the chimney.
(d) Through a hole in the roof. shingles
3. Who does Mrs. Trigg suggest Nat should call to find out the reason behind the bird attacks?
(a) The local newspaper.
(b) The church.
(c) The prime minister.
(d) The college.
4. How does Jill get to school each day?
(a) By bus.
(b) By walking.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By carpool.
5. On the story’s first evening, what wakes Nat from sleep?
(a) The wind howling in the chimney.
(b) Tapping at his window.
(c) His daughter crying.
(d) A nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the story’s opening, how does Nat describe the birds’ strange behavior?
2. What does Nat use as a weapon to beat the birds out of the children’s bedroom?
3. What wind does Nat claim brought the birds to his neighborhood?
4. Where does Nat deposit the bird bodies collected from his home?
5. How many days does Nat work on the farm?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)