|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can’t Nat bury the bird bodies in his back garden?
(a) He's afraid of their evil spirits.
(b) The ground is too hard.
(c) His wife forbids it.
(d) There's not enough space.
2. In the story’s opening paragraph, what does the reader learn about Nat Hocken?
(a) He is a war veteran.
(b) He is an ornithologist.
(c) He is the father of three children.
(d) He is an only child.
3. After the first attack, what part of the children’s body does Nat realize the birds were trying to attack?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their chests.
(c) Their throats.
(d) Their legs.
4. What is Mrs. Trigg’s reaction to Nat’s story about the previous night’s attack?
(a) She is skeptical.
(b) She is amused.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is horrified.
5. During which month does the story open?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
2. How does Nat react to his wife’s news?
3. When Nat returns home from burying the bodies, what news does his wife deliver?
4. After the first attack, what color is used to describe the morning sky?
5. What country does Mrs. Trigg think the violent birds have come from?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)