|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can’t Nat bury the bird bodies in his back garden?
(a) There's not enough space.
(b) His wife forbids it.
(c) He's afraid of their evil spirits.
(d) The ground is too hard.
2. How many days does Nat work on the farm?
3. After the first attack, what part of the children’s body does Nat realize the birds were trying to attack?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their throats.
(c) Their chests.
(d) Their legs.
4. How does Nat know the birds have made it into the children’s bedroom during the first attack?
(a) He hears the children screaming.
(b) He sees the birds fly through the window.
(c) He smells the birds’ animal scent through the walls.
(d) He hears the birds’ wings. beating together
5. What does Mr. Trigg do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a scientist.
(c) He is a newscaster.
(d) He is a schoolteacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
2. What wind does Nat claim brought the birds to his neighborhood?
3. What does Nat use as a weapon to beat the birds out of the children’s bedroom?
4. What country does Mrs. Trigg think the violent birds have come from?
5. On the story’s first evening, what wakes Nat from sleep?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)