|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wind does Nat claim brought the birds to his neighborhood?
(a) The east wind.
(b) The west wind.
(c) The north wind.
(d) The south wind.
2. What does Mr. Trigg do for a living?
(a) He is a schoolteacher.
(b) He is a newscaster.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a scientist.
3. Which aspect of the birds’ behavior does Nat find most interesting?
(a) Their migration.
(b) Their mating.
(c) Their fighting.
(d) Their eating habits.
4. After the first attack, what color is used to describe the morning sky?
5. When does Nat most frequently pass time watching the birds?
(a) First thing in the morning.
(b) During his midday meal.
(c) Before he goes to bed.
(d) On his way home from work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Nat work on the farm?
2. After the first attack, what part of the children’s body does Nat realize the birds were trying to attack?
3. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
4. During which month does the story open?
5. Where does Nat deposit the bird bodies collected from his home?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)