|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Nat give when the morning news announcement fails to broadcast?
(a) He must have heard the time wrong.
(b) The birds must be clogging up the airwaves.
(c) The birds must have killed the announcer.
(d) The announcer must have forgotten.
2. How did the birds get into the children’s bedroom?
(a) Through the wooden floor.boards
(b) Through an open window.
(c) Through the chimney.
(d) Through a hole in the roof. shingles
3. What wind does Nat claim brought the birds to his neighborhood?
(a) The west wind.
(b) The north wind.
(c) The east wind.
(d) The south wind.
4. When Nat exits the house to collect supplies, what does he notice about the land birds?
(a) They simply stare at him, apathetic to attack.
(b) Their feathers have a red sheen, likely from their victims’ blood.
(c) Their eyes have turned black, as if they’re evil.
(d) They don’t communicate with each other.
5. According to the announcer, at what time was a national emergency declared?
(a) 6 o’clock.
(b) 8 o’clock.
(c) 4 o’clock.
(d) 10 o’clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat find most annoying about the radio news broadcaster?
2. In the face of impending attacks, what does the announcer ask the population to do?
3. What had Mrs. Trigg attempted to use to fight off the birds, to no avail?
4. Why does Mrs. Hocken forbid Nat from gathering supplies at the Trigg home?
5. What does Nat do with the Triggs’ bodies before returning home?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)