|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, “Come on now … let’s see how fast you can run”?
(b) The operator.
(c) Mr. Trigg.
2. Before the final attack, what does Nat mistake the swarm of gulls as?
(a) The Navy.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A wave.
3. What does Nat do with the bird bodies he finds in his yard?
(a) He stores them for fire kindling.
(b) He stacks them on the windowsills to enforce the barricades.
(c) He takes them to the beach for burial.
(d) He leaves them to rot.
4. Why hasn’t Mr. Trigg boarded up his windows against the attacking birds?
(a) He didn’t have enough time.
(b) He has hung barbed wire instead.
(c) He doesn’t believe they’ll attack.
(d) He thinks his dogs will scare them off.
5. According to Nat’s calculation, how long will each “lull” between attacks last?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to drive Jill home from the bus stop?
2. What type of birds were involved in the previous night’s attack?
3. When Nat phones about the birds flying inland, how does the voice on the other end sound?
4. After the first attack, what color is used to describe the morning sky?
5. At what time is the news broadcast in the evening?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)