|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the story’s first evening, what wakes Nat from sleep?
(a) Tapping at his window.
(b) The wind howling in the chimney.
(c) His daughter crying.
(d) A nightmare.
2. When Nat phones about the birds flying inland, how does the voice on the other end sound?
3. What lighthearted offer does Mr. Trigg make to Nat for the next morning?
(a) A shooting lesson.
(b) A feather jacket.
(c) A bird hat.
(d) A gull breakfast.
4. As he watches the birds fly closer, what does Nat realize is their target?
(a) The church.
(b) The farm.
(c) The school.
(d) The hospital.
5. After the first attack, what color is used to describe the morning sky?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nat returns home from burying the bodies, what news does his wife deliver?
2. Apart from food, water, and wood what supply does Nat realize his family is low on?
3. At three o’clock, Nat sees that the sky is “colorless.” What does he compare it to?
4. What does Nat use as a weapon to beat the birds out of the children’s bedroom?
5. How does Nat react to his wife’s news?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)