|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Trigg think has poisoned the birds?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Chinese.
(d) The French.
2. How long does Nat wait at the bus stop before Jill’s bus arrives?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
3. What type of birds were involved in the previous night’s attack?
(a) Hunting birds, like hawks.
(b) Medium birds, like robins.
(c) Large birds, like seagulls.
(d) Small birds, like wrens.
4. During which month does the story open?
5. Which character says, “Come on now … let’s see how fast you can run”?
(a) The operator.
(b) Mr. Trigg.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he sees the birds heading inland, who does Nat telephone?
2. What does Mr. Trigg offer Nat for protection against the birds?
3. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
4. Which aspect of the birds’ behavior does Nat find most interesting?
5. On the story’s first evening, what wakes Nat from sleep?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)