|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nat react to his wife’s news?
(a) He is skeptical.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is devastated.
2. Throughout the story, whom does Nat often order to “do what I tell you”?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) His boss.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
3. After looking in the larder, how long does Nat reckon his family can survive with their current supplies?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Three days.
4. During the “special” dinner Nat’s prepared, how many birds break in?
5. How many days does Nat work on the farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nat sees the gulls circling overhead, what do they look like they’re waiting for?
2. While waiting at the bus stop, how does Nat know the birds are headed inland?
3. At the story’s opening, how does Nat describe the birds’ strange behavior?
4. According to the announcer, what is the most important step citizens should take to protect themselves against the bird attacks?
5. What wind does Nat claim brought the birds to his neighborhood?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)