|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nat sees the gulls circling overhead, what do they look like they’re waiting for?
(a) The tide.
2. Where does Nat deposit the bird bodies collected from his home?
(a) In the river,
(b) In a dumpster.
(c) At the farm.
(d) On the beach.
3. After the second attack, how many birds litter Nat’s yard?
(a) More than he can count.
(b) Around 20.
(c) A handful.
(d) About 100.
4. What type of land does Nat live on?
(a) A land lock.
(b) A peninsula.
(c) An island.
(d) An isle.
5. Why does Mrs. Hocken forbid Nat from gathering supplies at the Trigg home?
(a) She doesn’t want to be left alone.
(b) She thinks they have enough supplies as it is.
(c) She doesn’t like the Triggs.
(d) It's too dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bird draw blood from Nat during the first attack?
2. According to the announcer, at what time was a national emergency declared?
3. In the face of impending attacks, what does the announcer ask the population to do?
4. Why hasn’t Mr. Trigg boarded up his windows against the attacking birds?
5. During the one o’clock news bulletin, how are the birds described?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)