|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nat whistle and sing while preparing dinner for his family?
(a) He doesn’t want to frighten them.
(b) He is happy about the broadcast.
(c) He doesn’t know what else to do.
(d) He always whistles when he’s nervous.
2. After looking in the larder, how long does Nat reckon his family can survive with their current supplies?
(a) One day.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
3. After the first attack, what color is used to describe the morning sky?
4. Who does Mrs. Trigg suggest Nat should call to find out the reason behind the bird attacks?
(a) The prime minister.
(b) The local newspaper.
(c) The college.
(d) The church.
5. Before signing off for the afternoon, when does the announcer promise to resume broadcast?
(b) 7 o’clock am.
(d) 6 o’clock pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the story, whom does Nat often order to “do what I tell you”?
2. At three o’clock, Nat sees that the sky is “colorless.” What does he compare it to?
3. Why does Mrs. Hocken forbid Nat from gathering supplies at the Trigg home?
4. How many birds does Nat kill during the attack in the children’s bedroom?
5. How does Nat react to his wife’s news?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)