|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat use as a weapon to beat the birds out of the children’s bedroom?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A blanket.
2. When Mrs. Hocken hears droning during dinner, what does she think it is?
(d) The birds.
3. After battling birds in the kitchen, what does Nat ask his wife for?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A massage.
(d) A beer.
4. Which aspect of the birds’ behavior does Nat find most interesting?
(a) Their mating.
(b) Their fighting.
(c) Their migration.
(d) Their eating habits.
5. What music, coming from the wireless radio, alerts Nat that something is wrong?
(a) Patriotic music.
(b) Rock music.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Dance music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that the army should shoot the birds out of the sky?
2. According to the narrator, what “changed overnight” at the story’s opening?
3. Which of the following bird species is NOT mentioned in the one o’clock news?
4. As he watches the birds fly closer, what does Nat realize is their target?
5. How many birds does Nat kill during the attack in the children’s bedroom?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)