|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ten Snow and Angeline spend hours doing?
(a) Scraping hides.
(c) Making rugs.
(d) Making moccasins.
2. Who intrudes on the community dance?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) A Lakota warrior.
(c) A white soldier.
(d) A white voyageur.
3. What happens in the spring that the family looks forward to?
(b) Fresh vegetables.
(c) Maple sugar time.
(d) New baby animals.
4. What is a cache?
(a) A covered pit.
(b) A songbook.
(c) A long canoe.
(d) A pipe.
5. Whom are Omakayas and Angeline surprised to see coming out of the school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family have for supper when Old Tallow returns?
2. Omakayas later thinks that One Horn knew that ______________________.
3. Which person in the village has also died from smallpox?
4. One day Nokomis tells Omakayas and the other women a story of an encounter with the spirit of __________________.
5. What is spilled accidentally on Pinch's foot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Omakayas go off on her own while the family is tapping the maple trees?
2. Explain how Deydey acts on a dream that Nokomis has about One Horn.
3. What does Deydey do with the shop owner to earn a bit of money and some food for the family?
4. What skill does Ten Snow have and what item does she make for her husband Fishtail?
5. What is Nokomis' advice to Omakayas regarding the bears?
6. How does Omakayas justify Andeg's leaving?
7. What happens to the white voyageur who interrupts the community dance?
8. How are things looking up for the family as winter ends?
9. What is Omakayas' experience with the bear cubs when she is off on her own?
10. What does Nokomis tell Omakayas about the voices they hear and about what Omakayas' path in life is going to be?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)