|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Deydey play with the local shop owner?
(c) Double Solitaire.
2. What does Pinch admit to Deydey?
(a) Pinch stole some arrows from a friend.
(b) Pinch ate all of the berries.
(c) Pinch took a jug of maple syrup.
(d) Pinch did not kill the deer.
3. What does Andeg discover one day that the family feasts on?
(a) Frozen berries in an ice house.
(b) A wounded deer.
(c) A squirrel's cache of nuts.
(d) Corn stored in a granary.
4. Who stares at Omakayas as she tends the fire?
(a) Old Tallow.
5. Who intrudes on the community dance?
(a) A Lakota warrior.
(b) A white voyageur.
(c) A white soldier.
(d) A British soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to teach Omakayas everything she will need to know?
2. Which animal spirit comes to Omakayas in a dream?
3. What does Old Tallow do with the nasty yellow dog that attacks Omakayas?
4. Who joins Omakayas when she feels Neewo's spirit?
5. What does the family have for supper when Old Tallow returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the white voyageur who interrupts the community dance?
2. How does Omakayas help pinch when he burns himself with boiling syrup?
3. What is Omakayas' experience with the bear cubs when she is off on her own?
4. What happens to Omakayas after the smallpox deaths, and who is the one who is able to help her?
5. What is Nokomis' advice to Omakayas regarding the bears?
6. What is in Nokomis' bundle that she says speaks to her?
7. How does the author explore the themes of the relationship between humans and nature and Omakayas' journey of transformation?
8. How are things looking up for the family as winter ends?
9. What is the event that saved the family's bodies and the one that saved their souls according to Omakayas?
10. How does Ten Snow help Omakayas get started in beadwork and what does Omakayas make?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)