|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Omakayas awaken with excitement one night?
(a) She starts school tomorrow.
(b) It is Christmas Eve.
(c) Old Tallow has come for a visit.
(d) Her father is home.
2. After Omakayas and Angeline bring crows for dinner, Deydey calls them ________________.
3. What treat does Old Tallow give to Omakayas?
(a) Maple sugar candy.
(c) Chocolate bar.
4. What are makasins?
(d) Corn cakes.
5. What important theme emerges in this chapter?
(a) The importance of confronting fear.
(b) The search for love.
(d) Man vs. nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Omakayas NOT think about Angeline?
2. What food does the family travel to harvest?
3. Who is the wife of the man in #17?
4. How does Mama realize that Pinch ate the berries?
5. What scares the voyageurs in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What startles Mama regarding the bears when she goes looking for Omakayas?
2. Describe Omakayas' encounter with the two bear cubs and their mother.
3. Who are Albert La Pautre and Fishtail, and what important topic do they discuss with Deydey?
4. How does Omakayas feel about her father's gift, and how does she act about it?
5. Who is One Horn and when do Omakayas and Angeline encounter him?
6. What is the major concern of the voyageurs when they see the child?
7. Who does the group of voyageurs discover on a small island?
8. What is significant about Omakayas' encounter with the bears?
9. Why is Omakayas' relationship with Tallow such an important one?
10. What does the dizzy spell signify for Omakayas?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)