|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mama send Omakayas to Old Tallow's?
(a) To borrow a pot.
(b) To get the scissors.
(c) To take some food.
(d) To invite her to a party.
2. What does Mama throw at Andeg when she is angry about the berries?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A stick.
(d) A stone.
3. Who does the person in #81 blame for eating the berries?
4. What treat does Old Tallow give to Omakayas?
(b) Maple sugar candy.
(d) Chocolate bar.
5. What food does the family travel to harvest?
(a) Wild rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Deydey give to Omakayas?
2. What is the translation of Omakayas' name?
3. What treat does Omakayas give to Neewo?
4. How does Andeg say he has helped the family prepare the cabin for the winter?
5. Smallpox will represent _______________ in the story.
Short Essay Questions
1. What startles Mama regarding the bears when she goes looking for Omakayas?
2. What are Omakayas' conflicted feelings about Angeline?
3. How do Mama and Nokomis differ in their views of sending Omakayas on a spiritual quest?
4. Who are Omakayas and Nokomis and what are they doing as Chapter 1 begins?
5. Why is Omakayas' relationship with Tallow such an important one?
6. What does Nokomis do to the tree prior to cutting the bark?
7. Who is Old Tallow and what is she holding when Omakayas arrives at her home?
8. Give some examples of Andeg being able to use speech to communicate.
9. Why does Omakayas suggest that Angeline go to the river instead of working on the moose hide?
10. What do the voyageurs do with the baby and what thoughts of guilt does Hat have?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)