|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nokomis tells the story of how the world was created with the help of a small _______________.
2. What does Nokomis warn Angeline about?
(a) Spending time with the chite children.
(b) Walking on the ice.
(c) Crossing the stream.
(d) Coming home before the storm.
3. What does Omakayas realize when Andeg flies away one day?
(a) He will return in the spring.
(b) He will bring back more twigs.
(c) He will return with his family one day.
(d) He needs to be with other crows.
4. Who offers to teach Omakayas everything she will need to know?
(b) Old Tallow.
5. What is done with the items touched by the man who died from smallpox?
(a) They are buried.
(b) They are thrown into the lake.
(c) They are bleached.
(d) They are burned.
6. What is a cache?
(a) A covered pit.
(b) A long canoe.
(c) A songbook.
(d) A pipe.
7. What present does Ten Snow give to Omakayas?
(a) A beadwork kit.
(b) A belt.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A headband.
8. For whom does Omakayas make winter moccasins?
9. What is spilled accidentally on Pinch's foot?
(a) Hot tea.
(b) Hot soup.
(c) Hot maple syrup.
(d) Hot coffee.
10. Nokomis thinks that Omakayas has been chosen to be __________________.
(a) A hunter.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A healer.
(d) A guide.
11. One day Nokomis tells Omakayas and the other women a story of an encounter with the spirit of __________________.
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
12. What does Nokomis encourage Omakayas to do?
(a) Bead some moccasins for gifts.
(b) Go on a spiritual quest.
(c) Help Mama with cooking.
(d) Scrape hides.
13. Who sets the seat of his pants on fire?
14. What do Ten Snow and Angeline spend hours doing?
(a) Making moccasins.
(b) Scraping hides.
(c) Making rugs.
15. What does Nokomis say speaks to her?
(a) The wind.
(b) The birds.
(c) Herbs and medicines.
(d) The clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Omakayas listen to while he/she talks in his/her sleep?
2. Who joins Omakayas when she feels Neewo's spirit?
3. Where does the family spend the winter?
4. What game does Deydey play with the local shop owner?
5. Why does Deydey leave the family for awhile in Chapter 7?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)