|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Ten Snow give to Omakayas?
(a) A headband.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A belt.
(d) A beadwork kit.
2. What does Nokomis encourage Omakayas to do?
(a) Go on a spiritual quest.
(b) Bead some moccasins for gifts.
(c) Scrape hides.
(d) Help Mama with cooking.
3. The ice breaking up on the lake means that the family ___________________.
(a) Can build the birchbark house.
(b) Can catch fish.
(c) Has to use the ferry to cross.
(d) Can't skate anymore.
4. What has Old Tallow brought home from a hunting trip?
(a) A bear cub.
(b) A doe.
(c) A pair of beavers.
(d) A pair of rabbits.
5. Who kills One Horn in order to feed the family?
6. Which animal spirit comes to Omakayas in a dream?
7. Where does the family spend the winter?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a teepee.
(c) In the birchbark house.
(d) In town.
8. Who joins Omakayas when she feels Neewo's spirit?
(b) The two young bears.
(c) Ten Snow's spirit.
(d) Old Tallow.
9. With what does Nokomis paint Omakayas' face?
10. What does Pinch find in the woods which he intends to claim as his own?
(a) Maple syrup jugs.
(b) A little cabin.
(c) A freshly dead deer.
(d) A bear trap.
11. Nokomis tells the story of how the world was created with the help of a small _______________.
12. Who sets the seat of his pants on fire?
13. What disease does the intruder have?
(c) German measles.
14. Who wears an eccentric, colorful coat?
(a) Old Tallow.
15. What does the person walking out of the school say he/she is going to learn?
(a) The white man's stories.
(b) The white man's songs.
(c) The white man's writing.
(d) The white man's numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fishtail's wife make for Angeline?
2. In her dream, what does Nokomis envision the deer One Horn doing?
3. What does Omakayas realize when Andeg flies away one day?
4. What does Ten Snow make for her husband that gets a lot of praise?
5. What surprises the family after their first night in the cabin?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)