|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wears an eccentric, colorful coat?
(a) Old Tallow.
2. What does Deydey get when he wins the game with the shop owner?
(a) Food and debt reduction.
(b) Food and guns.
(c) Food and moccasins.
(d) Food and blankets.
3. Who stares at Omakayas as she tends the fire?
(c) Old Tallow.
4. Throughout the winter, Deydey's friends visit to talk about __________________.
(a) Going ice fishing on the lake.
(b) Building cabins for new arrivals.
(c) Moving west to escape white people.
(d) Making new traps.
5. What do Ten Snow and Angeline spend hours doing?
(b) Making rugs.
(c) Making moccasins.
(d) Scraping hides.
6. What does Omakayas hear on the way back to her family's camp?
(a) Strange voices.
(b) A wind pipe.
(c) Voices singing.
(d) A strong wind.
7. What is Zeegwun?
8. What does Deydey sell at the store?
(c) Maple sugar.
(d) Corn meal.
9. Who joins Omakayas when she feels Neewo's spirit?
(a) The two young bears.
(b) Old Tallow.
(d) Ten Snow's spirit.
10. What does Andeg discover one day that the family feasts on?
(a) Frozen berries in an ice house.
(b) Corn stored in a granary.
(c) A squirrel's cache of nuts.
(d) A wounded deer.
11. What does Omakayas realize when Andeg flies away one day?
(a) He will return in the spring.
(b) He will bring back more twigs.
(c) He needs to be with other crows.
(d) He will return with his family one day.
12. Which animal spirit comes to Omakayas in a dream?
13. The spirit that Omakayas sees in her vision represents what?
(a) The spirit of her own mother.
(b) The spirit of the mother bear.
(c) The spirit of nature as a whole.
(d) The spirit of the earth.
14. Nokomis asks Omakayas if ____________ speak to her.
(a) The rain.
(c) The wind.
15. Who offers to teach Omakayas everything she will need to know?
(b) Old Tallow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intrudes on the community dance?
2. What does Nokomis say speaks to her?
3. Why does Omakayas go off by herself for awhile in the woods?
4. What is spilled accidentally on Pinch's foot?
5. What happens in the spring that the family looks forward to?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)