|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares the herbs to place on Pinch's foot?
2. What does the family have for supper when Old Tallow returns?
3. Which animal spirit comes to Omakayas in a dream?
4. What does the person walking out of the school say he/she is going to learn?
(a) The white man's numbers.
(b) The white man's writing.
(c) The white man's stories.
(d) The white man's songs.
5. What present does Ten Snow give to Omakayas?
(a) A headband.
(b) A beadwork kit.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A belt.
6. Who wears an eccentric, colorful coat?
(d) Old Tallow.
7. Omakayas later thinks that One Horn knew that ______________________.
(a) He was going to save her family.
(b) The winter would be a hard one.
(c) She was his friend.
(d) It was time to move south.
8. Who offers to teach Omakayas everything she will need to know?
(d) Old Tallow.
9. One day Nokomis tells Omakayas and the other women a story of an encounter with the spirit of __________________.
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her sister.
10. Whom are Omakayas and Angeline surprised to see coming out of the school?
11. Omakayas and _________________ are the only ones in the home who do not get ill.
12. What do Ten Snow and Angeline spend hours doing?
(a) Making rugs.
(b) Scraping hides.
(d) Making moccasins.
13. How does the person in #140 put out the fire on his pants?
(a) Rolls on the grass.
(b) Sits in a bucket of water.
(c) Splashes down into a puddle.
(d) Runs to the creek.
14. What has Old Tallow brought home from a hunting trip?
(a) A bear cub.
(b) A pair of rabbits.
(c) A doe.
(d) A pair of beavers.
15. Whose memory does Omakayas decide to honor?
(a) One Horn.
(b) Ten Snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Old Tallow's dog NOT do to Omakayas?
2. The family travels to the woods to ________________.
3. Who tries to commit suicide after the smallpox outbreak?
4. With what does Nokomis paint Omakayas' face?
5. What does Omakayas hear on the way back to her family's camp?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)