|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another important theme in the book is ______________________.
(a) The significance of religion in people's lives.
(b) The damage that greed does to people.
(c) The relationship between human beings and the natural world.
(d) The futility of trying to avoid death.
2. What does the mother bear do to Omakayas?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Chases her up a tree.
(c) Claws at her.
(d) Pins her to the ground.
3. What is Old Tallow holding as Omakayas approaches her house?
(b) Big bowl.
4. Who does the person in #81 blame for eating the berries?
5. Who does Deydey say has ripped his shirt?
6. Who is Omakayas' younger brother?
7. What does the man in #76 own and care for?
(a) A carved pipe.
(b) A flannel robe.
(c) A birchbark house.
(d) A money pouch.
8. Where does Mama want to send Omakayas?
(a) The meadow.
(b) The creek.
(c) On a spiritual quest.
(d) The berry patch.
9. Where had Omakayas put the injured crow?
(a) The cradle board.
(b) A drinking gourd.
(c) Deydey's moccassin.
(d) The maize grinding bowl.
10. Where does Omakayas suggest that Angeline can go?
(a) To the store.
(b) To her friend's house.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the meadow.
11. What is the name of the deer that Omakayas and Angeline encounter?
(b) One Horn.
(c) Great Elk Spirit.
(d) Mighty Antlers.
12. The book explores the connection between human beings and _______________.
13. What does Omakayas throw at the animals on her way home?
(c) Mud pies.
14. Who is Omakayas' older sister?
15. Who is the baby in Omakayas' family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Deydey give to Omakayas?
2. Which of the following does Omakayas NOT think about Angeline?
3. Why does Omakayas awaken with excitement one night?
4. What scares the voyageurs in the village?
5. What important theme emerges in this chapter?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)