|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Neebin (Summer), Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Old Tallow holding as Omakayas approaches her house?
(d) Big bowl.
2. What job does Omakayas work on when she returns home?
(a) Preserving the moose hide.
(b) Feeding the chickens.
(c) Grinding corn into meal.
(d) Bringing water from the creek.
3. Where does Omakayas suggest that Angeline can go?
(a) To the store.
(b) To her friend's house.
(c) To the meadow.
(d) To the river.
4. Who is Omakayas?
(a) The tribal chief.
(b) A Native American god.
(c) The baby girl.
(d) A medicine man.
5. Where had Omakayas put the injured crow?
(a) Deydey's moccassin.
(b) A drinking gourd.
(c) The cradle board.
(d) The maize grinding bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Smallpox will represent _______________ in the story.
2. What kind of birds eat the corn crop?
3. The men watch as the baby girl curls up to a __________________.
4. Who is Omakayas' younger brother?
5. What does Omakayas do when the bear pins her down?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)