|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Neebin (Summer), Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the island where the baby is found?
(a) Spirit Island.
(b) Ojibwa Island.
(c) Thunder Island.
(d) Heron Island.
2. What wounded creature does Omakayas take pity on and take home with her?
(a) A crow.
(b) A doe.
(c) A bunny.
(d) An owl.
3. The family is __________________ when Deydey is home.
(a) More spontaneous.
(c) More serious.
(d) More playful.
4. What scares the voyageurs in the village?
(a) That they have walked into a trap.
(b) That the Cherokees will return and kill them too.
(c) That a tornado is headed their way.
(d) That they have caught the disease.
5. With what job does Omakayas think her mother will want her to help?
(a) Piecing a quilt.
(b) Shucking corn.
(c) Preserving a moose hide.
(d) Preserving tomatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story takes place over the course of ________________.
2. What does Omakayas want to do with the bear cubs?
3. What job does Deydey assign to Omakayas and Angeline?
4. What are voyageurs?
5. What frightens Omakayas in the night?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)