|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Neebin (Summer), Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise do the voyageurs hear as they get into their canoes to leave the island?
(d) Birds singing.
2. Tallow is described as being _________________.
(a) Very tall.
3. What does Omakayas throw at the animals on her way home?
(c) Mud pies.
4. What important theme emerges in this chapter?
(a) The search for love.
(c) The importance of confronting fear.
(d) Man vs. nature.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the person in #10?
(a) Well dressed.
(b) Cared for.
(c) Well fed.
(d) Near death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Omakayas?
2. Which one of the voyageurs think of how his wife is afraid of nothing?
3. The singing of the birds foreshadows ____________________.
4. Another important theme in the book is ______________________.
5. Why does Mama send Omakayas to Old Tallow's?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)