|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Neebin (Summer), Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book explores the effect of white people on ___________________.
(a) Indigenous culture.
2. Tallow is described as being _________________.
(c) Very tall.
3. What is the name of the island where the baby is found?
(a) Ojibwa Island.
(b) Thunder Island.
(c) Heron Island.
(d) Spirit Island.
4. What noise do the voyageurs hear as they get into their canoes to leave the island?
(a) Birds singing.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the person in #10?
(a) Well dressed.
(b) Well fed.
(c) Cared for.
(d) Near death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Omakayas experience before the arrival of a special insight?
2. What does Omakayas want to do with the bear cubs?
3. What treat does Omakayas give to Neewo?
4. What important theme emerges in this chapter?
5. Smallpox will represent _______________ in the story.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)