|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Biboon (Winter), Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Deydey leave the family for awhile in Chapter 7?
(a) He is on a fishing expedition.
(b) He is on a trapping expedition.
(c) He is building a new cabin far away.
(d) He is visiting relatives.
2. Where does the family spend the winter?
(a) In town.
(b) In a teepee.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In the birchbark house.
3. What is Neebin?
(c) Indian tribe.
4. Which of the following does Old Tallow's dog NOT do to Omakayas?
(a) Makes her fall unconscious.
(b) Bites her.
(c) Knocks her down.
(d) Licks her face.
5. What surprises the family after their first night in the cabin?
(a) It has rained and flooded the streets.
(b) The bears have come looking for food.
(c) Snow has fallen overnight.
(d) Ice has covered all the tree branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Deydey play with the local shop owner?
2. What does Old Tallow do with the nasty yellow dog that attacks Omakayas?
3. Whom does Omakayas listen to while he/she talks in his/her sleep?
4. What are makasins?
5. What job does Omakayas work on when she returns home?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)