Part 1, The Girl from Spirit Island
1. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Louise Erdrich.
(b) Annie Proux.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Lonnie Emerson.
2. The young girl in the story is from which Native American tribe?
3. The story takes place over the course of ________________.
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Three years.
4. The book explores the connection between human beings and _______________.
5. The book explores the effect of white people on ___________________.
(b) Indigenous culture.
6. The book explores the necessity of confronting _______________.
7. What are voyageurs?
(c) Map makers.
(d) Fur traders.
8. How many people do the voyageurs find alive in a village one day?
9. What has killed people in the village?
(b) White soldiers.
(c) Native Americans.
10. Who do the voyageurs find alive in the village?
(a) A baby girl.
(b) A healer.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A chief.
11. Which of the following does NOT describe the person in #10?
(a) Near death.
(b) Well fed.
(c) Well dressed.
(d) Cared for.
This section contains 3,573 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)