|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jiya feel seeing the men build the house on the beach?
2. What makes Kino happy about climbing the hill?
(a) He can watch the sunset.
(b) He can see the new fishing village.
(c) He likes to catch fireflies there.
(d) He sees that the volcano is no longer active.
3. What does Kino's father demand that Jiya do before making his decision about the Old Gentleman's offer?
(a) Talk to some of the Old Gentleman's adopted children.
(b) Pray about the decision.
(c) See the inside of the Old Gentleman's castle.
(d) Live at the Old Gentleman's castle for a trial period.
4. How has Kino been in his life?
5. How often does Kino visit Jiya and Setsu?
(a) One a year.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the surviving fishermen fish now?
2. How does Jiya feel at the beginning of Section 3?
3. Why was Kino afraid of life at first?
4. Why are the men building a house on the beach?
5. One evening, Kino climbs the hill to look at the____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jiya feel initially when he sees the new house being built on the beach?
2. What is Kino's father's position on why Japanese people don't fear death?
3. How does Jiya introduce the fact to Kino that he loves Setsu?
4. Kino's father says that Jiya will be happy again only when he is able to do what?
5. What is it about the geography of where he lives that makes Kino think he and his family are unfortunate?
6. How do people in the village measure time now?
7. How does Kino's father compare the gateway of death to the gateway of life so that Kino will have a better understanding?
8. What does Jiya tell the Old Gentleman about why the villagers are brave?
9. What does Jiya say that shows his humility when the Old Gentleman says that Jiya is the best boy in the village?
10. Why is the Old Gentleman frustrated with the young men building the house on the beach?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)