|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jiya had always known he had to ___________________.
(a) Build a castle.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Marry a beautiful girl.
(d) Return to the sea.
2. What does Kino's father demand that Jiya do before making his decision about the Old Gentleman's offer?
(a) Talk to some of the Old Gentleman's adopted children.
(b) Pray about the decision.
(c) See the inside of the Old Gentleman's castle.
(d) Live at the Old Gentleman's castle for a trial period.
3. Kino's father says that Kino is only afraid of death because _________________________.
(a) He will miss his family.
(b) He loves being on earth.
(c) He does not know anything about it.
(d) It will be painful.
4. What can the Old Gentleman see in Jiya's face?
5. In what season do Jiya and Setsu marry?
6. Which of the following elements is NOT included in Jiya's recovery?
(d) Sense of humor.
7. How does Kino feel after Jiya and Setsu move to the beach?
8. Jiya wakes only to _____________ and then goes back to sleep.
(b) Take a walk.
9. How has Kino been in his life?
10. Why does Kino's father forbid Kino to speak to Jiya about the Old Gentleman's offer?
(a) Kino may not present the information accurately.
(b) Jiya must make his own decision.
(c) Kino is not good about remembering details.
(d) Jiya always does whatever Kino says.
11. Why does the Old Gentleman come up the hill?
(a) To buy vegetables.
(b) To see Jiya.
(c) To get some exercise.
(d) To bring fresh water.
12. What does Jiya call Kino to see at the beach one day?
(a) An octopus has washed up on shore.
(b) Two men are building a house.
(c) Girls are sunning and swimming.
(d) Another big wave is coming.
13. Jiya looks at the empty beach every morning as if _____________________.
(a) Hating the world.
(b) Searching for something.
14. What item of Kino's does Setsu hide on her wedding day?
15. The Old Gentleman tells Jiya that it is a shame that Jiya did not become his son because ______________________.
(a) He could have traveled the world.
(b) He would be better educated now.
(c) He could be wealthy now.
(d) He could live in the castle and be safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kino's father give to Jiya now because he is a man?
2. What do the men say when Kino asks them if they are worried about the big wave coming back?
3. What has the Old Gentleman spent his whole life trying to do?
4. Why is the Old Gentleman angry at the young men building the house?
5. The Old Gentleman's servant thinks Jiya is _________________ to turn down the Old Gentleman's offer.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)