|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 46-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will speak to Jiya about the benefits that the Old Gentleman can offer?
(b) Kino's mother.
(c) The village chief.
(d) Kino's father.
2. Jiya cannot, and should not, forget his _______________.
(a) First love.
(b) School lesson.
(d) Friendship with Kino.
3. What does the Old Gentleman tell the men building the house before he leaves?
(a) He is humbled by their courage.
(b) He is proud of them.
(c) They should use sturdier materials.
(d) Don't expect him to save them if another big wave comes.
4. What does the Old Gentleman demand of his offer to adopt Jiya?
(a) He will have a contract drawn up.
(b) He receives an answer in a week.
(c) Jiya gives him his answer personally.
(d) He gets Jiya's response tomorrow.
5. In what country does THE BIG WAVE take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the location of Kino's home?
2. What makes Kino happy about climbing the hill?
3. Kino's father says that ________________ is always stronger than death.
4. What is Jiya's father's profession?
5. According to Kino's father, who makes the evil storms?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)