|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 30-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jiya feel at the beginning of Section 3?
2. What does Jiya do when he remembers that his family members have died?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Looks toward where the village used to be.
(d) Throws himself on the floor.
3. Why does Kino's father stay up all night one night?
(a) Kino is sick.
(b) Setsu has not returned home.
(c) The waves are very high.
(d) A volcano is active.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Jiya will experience in his healing process?
(a) He will have to be medicated.
(b) His body will renew itself.
(c) He will want to live.
(d) His mind will begin thinking again.
5. What makes Kino happy about climbing the hill?
(a) He likes to catch fireflies there.
(b) He sees that the volcano is no longer active.
(c) He can see the new fishing village.
(d) He can watch the sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kino does not feel like _______________ without Jiya.
2. Someday, Jiya will accept ____________________ as part of life.
3. Why does Kino's father forbid Kino to speak to Jiya about the Old Gentleman's offer?
4. In what country does THE BIG WAVE take place?
5. Who will speak to Jiya about the benefits that the Old Gentleman can offer?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)