|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 30-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kino does not feel like _______________ without Jiya.
2. Jiya wakes only to _____________ and then goes back to sleep.
(c) Take a walk.
3. Kino's father equates the gateway of death to the gateway of __________________ so that Kino can understand it.
4. What does Jiya do when he remembers that his family members have died?
(a) Looks toward where the village used to be.
(c) Throws himself on the floor.
(d) Runs away.
5. The person who owns the island lives in a ___________________ on the mountainside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kino's father anticipate about Jiya's crying?
2. Who is the first to speak to Jiya when he awakens?
3. What is Jiya's demeanor as he surveys the Old Gentleman's castle?
4. Why does Kino's father not allow Jiya to warn his father about the big wave?
5. What is located on a small strip of sand at the base of the mountain?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)