|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 30-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will speak to Jiya about the benefits that the Old Gentleman can offer?
(a) Kino's father.
(c) The village chief.
(d) Kino's mother.
2. Kino's father assures Kino that life is stronger than __________________.
3. Jiya seems to be too tired to _______________.
4. Who is the most excited that Jiya will be joining the family?
(c) Kino's father.
5. Who puts Jiya to bed after dinner?
(a) Kino's mother.
(b) Kino's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Old Gentleman is transcribing a poem written by a man from which country?
2. What is the best thing about an evil storm?
3. Why does Kino think there might be an earthquake coming?
4. What is Jiya's demeanor as he surveys the Old Gentleman's castle?
5. What does Kino's father say about Jiya?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)