|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 46-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Old Gentleman tells Jiya that it is a shame that Jiya did not become his son because ______________________.
(a) He could be wealthy now.
(b) He could live in the castle and be safe.
(c) He would be better educated now.
(d) He could have traveled the world.
2. The way of the good Japanese is to enjoy life and ________________________.
(a) Not fear death.
(c) Help other people.
(d) Forgive other people.
3. Where have the two men lived since the big wave?
(a) In the outhouses of the castle.
(b) In houses on the mountain.
(c) In hotels.
(d) In relatives' homes.
4. What is the theme of THE BIG WAVE?
(a) Life is stronger than death.
(c) Love conquers all.
(d) Man's inhumanity to man.
5. Living in the midst of danger makes people _____________________.
(a) Loving and kind.
(b) Brave and strong.
(c) Nervous and skittish.
(d) Angry and resentful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jiya tries not to think of ____________________.
2. Who puts Jiya to bed after dinner?
3. Why does the Old Gentleman come up the hill?
4. According to Kino's father, who makes the evil storms?
5. Why does Kino sometimes think Jiya is luckier than he is?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)