|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 46-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a drawback of the girl Jiya wants to marry according to Kino?
(a) She spends too much money.
(b) She can't cook.
(c) She is very tall.
(d) She has no sense of humor.
2. Who leads Kino and Jiya into the Old Gentleman's castle?
(b) Old Gentleman.
3. The Old Gentleman is transcribing a poem written by a man from which country?
4. What is Kino's father prepared to do for Jiya?
(a) Let him stay for a little while.
(b) Help him find his relatives.
(c) Give him a home.
(d) Drive him to the orphanage.
5. Jiya wakes only to _____________ and then goes back to sleep.
(c) Take a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Kino's family do while Jiya returns to life again?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that Jiya will experience in his healing process?
3. Which of the following does Kino NOT discover about the sea and why Jiya is afraid of it?
4. What is the theme of THE BIG WAVE?
5. Living in the midst of danger makes people _____________________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)