|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 46-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kino's father says that ________________ is always stronger than death.
2. Where does Kino live?
(a) In a suburb.
(b) In a city.
(c) At an orphanage.
(d) On a farm.
3. One evening, Kino climbs the hill to look at the____________________.
4. What does Kino think when he sees the beauty of the Old Gentleman's castle and gardens?
(a) His mother would appreciate the beautiful interior.
(b) Kino wonders if the Old Gentleman would let him live there.
(c) His father should come see the garden.
(d) Jiya will want to stay with the Old Gentleman.
5. Why will many villagers stay at home during the emergency?
(a) To stay with the children.
(b) To protect their boats.
(c) To report on the storm.
(d) To protect their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jiya feel at the beginning of Section 3?
2. What is Jiya's demeanor as he surveys the Old Gentleman's castle?
3. Kino's father insists that his family allows Jiya to recover ______________________.
4. What will become of the orphaned Jiya after the big wave?
5. How does Kino's family feel when Jiya returns to be part of their family?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)