|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which disease killed most of the Indians in Chapter 28?
(b) Typhoid fever.
2. What is Peabody looking for to help the fur trading business in Chapter 33?
(a) Different animals.
(b) More animals.
(c) New roads.
(d) Mountain passes.
3. How does Boone travel to Paoli in Chapter 44?
(a) He rides on a stagecoach.
(b) He walks.
(c) He rides on a wagon.
(d) He rides a horse.
4. What river does Boone see after reaching Dearborn Valley in Chapter 28?
(a) Musselshell River.
(b) Poplar River.
(c) Sacagawea River.
(d) Medicine River.
5. What news does Jim bring to Boone about Dick in Chapter 32?
(a) He is helping Indian tribes near where he lives.
(b) He owns several different properties.
(c) He is married.
(d) He is planning to visit Boone soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Indian lodges arranged in Chapter 29?
2. How long has Boone been living with the Piegans in Chapter 31?
3. Which of the following is not included as one of the reasons Dick wants to leave in Chapter 25?
4. As Jim explains to Boone in Chapter 32, what type of farm does Dick have?
5. As the men contemplate where to go for supplies in Chapter 40, how far away is Flathead Mouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Boone and Jim talk about In Chapter 32?
2. What does Boone do in order to get the goats back to the camp?
3. What is in the letter that Jim had brought for Boone?
4. What trap does Boone set for Jim and Teal Eye, and what is the result of it?
5. Why does Boone stop at Paoli on his way back home in Chapter 44?
6. What concerns does Red Horn have and how does Boone reply to them?
7. What does Boone experience while traveling on the boat in Chapter 43?
8. How has life changed for Boone and Jim after five years have passed since Boone reconnected with Teal Eye?
9. Where are Boone and Jim traveling to In Chapter 41 and what news does Boone receive?
10. How does Boone react to the attack in Chapter 36?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)