|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the group passed with no signs of Indians in Chapter 28?
(c) Bighorn Canyon.
(d) Great Falls.
2. Why is Boone looking for Judge Test and Bedwell in Chapter 44?
(a) To clear his name.
(b) To see revenge.
(c) To get an apology.
(d) To retrieve his rifle.
3. How do the men try to get someone's attention in Chapter 37?
(a) Sending smoke signals.
(b) Building bigger fires.
(c) Firing gun shots.
4. What are Boone, Jim, and Dick talking about in Chapter 25?
(a) Their plans.
(b) Their families.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The weather.
5. What is Boone's reaction to the way his mother is dealing with the death of his father?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boone learn about Teal Eye before leaving in Chapter 34?
2. As the men contemplate where to go for supplies in Chapter 40, how far away is Flathead Mouse?
3. Which one of the following best describes Boone's behavior on the boat in Chapter 43?
4. What does Boone tell Peabody before he leaves?
5. How many customers are in the store at Fort McKenzie when Jim arrives there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Boone experience while traveling on the boat in Chapter 43?
2. What does Boone do in order to get the goats back to the camp?
3. What is Jim talking about in Chapter 38 and why does Boone decide to leave?
4. How does Teal Eye respond to seeing Boone again and what is done to consider Boone's request for her?
5. Where are Boone and Jim looking for Teal Eye's tribe in Chapter 28 and what are they finding?
6. What trap does Boone set for Jim and Teal Eye, and what is the result of it?
7. Which difficulties is Boone having in adapting to a civilized life with his family in Chapter 45?
8. How does Peabody evaluate the crew he is with in Chapter 35?
9. What concerns does Red Horn have and how does Boone reply to them?
10. What is in the letter that Jim had brought for Boone?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)