|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Boone shoots Jim, what is he told while leaving the Indian village?
(a) To apologize before coming back.
(b) To expect a form of revenge.
(c) To come back soon.
(d) To not come back.
2. What does Teal Eye tell Jim before Boone returns to the camp in Chapter 42?
(a) She is worried about Boone.
(b) She would like to leave the Indians.
(c) She is worried about Red Horn.
(d) She would like to have another child.
3. Where does Boone sleep while staying with his family in Chapter 45?
(a) In his old room.
(c) In the barn.
(d) By the door.
4. How many customers are in the store at Fort McKenzie when Jim arrives there?
(c) A few.
5. When does Peabody comment that they were not attacked in Chapter 36?
(a) The next afternoon.
(b) The next morning.
(c) The next evening.
(d) Two days later.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goats does Boone shoot in Chapter 38?
2. Which one of the following best describes Boone's behavior on the boat in Chapter 43?
3. What do Boone and Jim discuss about Teal Eye in Chapter 41?
4. What is causing Boone to be suspicious of Jim and Teal Eye?
5. What state is Boone hired to take Peabody to in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peabody evaluate the crew he is with in Chapter 35?
2. Why and how does Dick leave Boone and Jim in Chapter 25?
3. What concerns does Red Horn have and how does Boone reply to them?
4. Why does Boone stop at Paoli on his way back home in Chapter 44?
5. Which difficulties is Boone having in adapting to a civilized life with his family in Chapter 45?
6. What does Boone do in order to get the goats back to the camp?
7. What trap does Boone set for Jim and Teal Eye, and what is the result of it?
8. Where are Boone and Jim looking for Teal Eye's tribe in Chapter 28 and what are they finding?
9. Where do Boone and Jim eventually find the remnants of Teal Eye's tribe and what does Boone do when they get there?
10. What does Boone experience while traveling on the boat in Chapter 43?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)