|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are sick when Boone and Jim sign up for the boat by Jourdonnais?
2. Who would most likely have told Pap that Boone was going to St. Louis?
(b) A friend.
(c) No one.
3. Which of the following is the Indian carrying in Chapter 20?
(a) Several rocks.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) An antelope.
(d) A bow and arrow.
4. Whom do Boone and Dick meet with to discuss the upcoming war in Chapter 16?
(a) Three Buffalo.
(b) Two Buffalo.
(c) Three Elks.
(d) Two Elks.
5. Which one of the following is a sign before the Indian attack in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Indians approach Boone and Dick at the end of Chapter 14?
2. What illness does Boone have in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Dick think of returning to in Chapter 23?
4. Where is Jim working in St. Louis in Chapter 9?
5. How does Boone keep warm while sleeping in the barn in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boone escape his father and the law in Louisville?
2. What information does Boone discover while the Mandan travels through the territory of the Rees Indians?
3. How is the crew of the Mandan attacked by the Indians in Chapter 15?
4. How does Boone meet Jim Deakins?
5. How do Boone and Jim prepare to enter the Indian territory for the first time while on the Mandan?
6. What is causing the men to consider making their current rendezvous the last one in Chapter 24?
7. Why does Boone try to hide the symptoms of his illness while traveling on the Mandan and how does Jim help him?
8. What happens in Chapter 12 between Boone and Teal Eye?
9. How is Boone sentenced during his trial in Paoli?
10. What lesson is learned when Boone meets Jonathan Bedwell?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)