|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Kentucky town does Boone assume he has reached in Chapter 2?
2. Why are the wagons Boone sees in Chapter 5 not offering him a ride?
(a) They are too full.
(b) They do not see him.
(c) They are going in the opposite direction.
(d) They are going too fast.
3. Against which Indian tribe are the Blackfoot waging war in Chapter 22?
(a) The Crow.
(b) The Chippewa.
(c) The Sioux.
(d) The Shoshone.
4. What number of men die from their illnesses at the end of Chapter 9?
5. Which one of the following best describes the autumn season in the beginning of Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the order of Jourdonnais, what are the men prohibited from doing in Chapter 10?
2. As Boone is walking in the beginning of Chapter 2, what kind of weather does he encounter?
3. How many Indians have the men seen since leaving Fort Union when Chapter 19 begins?
4. Which of the following is the Indian carrying in Chapter 20?
5. As Boone thinks about his family in Chapter 16, how does he feel about returning home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 12 between Boone and Teal Eye?
2. What causes Boone to leave home in Chapter 1 and what items does he take with him?
3. How does Jim free Boone from the Paoli jail cell?
4. After a year on the Mandan, how has Boone's appearance changed and what thoughts does he have about returning home in Chapter 16?
5. Who do Boone, Jim, and Dick encounter in Chapter 22 and what precautions are being taken to prevent another Indian attack?
6. How do Boone and Jim prepare to enter the Indian territory for the first time while on the Mandan?
7. How does Jim help Boone in his fight with Streak?
8. How does Zeb respond to the plans that are being made for Teal Eye and trading in Chapter 18?
9. How much time has passed when Chapter 20 begins and what events have occurred?
10. How does Teal Eye change when she gets closer to the land of her people?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)