|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who waits for Zeb with Boone at Fort Union?
(a) Neither Jim nor Dick.
(b) Only Jim.
(c) Only Dick.
(d) Jim and Dick.
2. What is it about buffaloes that Boone and Dick are discussing in Chapter 13?
(a) Hunting, skinning, and cooking.
(b) Hunting and cooking.
(c) Skinning and cooking.
(d) Hunting and skinning.
3. How long has Boone been in St. Louis for when Chapter 9 begins?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
4. Where is Boone working while he is in St. Louis in Chapter 9?
(a) A livery stable.
(b) A farm.
(c) A mill.
(d) A restaurant.
5. By the order of Jourdonnais, what are the men prohibited from doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Sitting in the middle of the boat.
(b) Touching Teal Eye.
(c) Sitting on the bow of the boat.
(d) Talking to Teal Eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Boone and Dick take when they are hiding from the Indians in Chapter 14?
2. Which of the following is the Indian carrying in Chapter 20?
3. What are the men using to play a gambling game in Chapter 24?
4. Against which Indian tribe are the Blackfoot waging war in Chapter 22?
5. Which Kentucky town does Boone assume he has reached in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jourdonnais think about Dick and his priorities in Chapter 15?
2. What lesson is learned when Boone meets Jonathan Bedwell?
3. What happens in Chapter 12 between Boone and Teal Eye?
4. Which issues do Jourdonnais and McKenzie discuss at Fort Union?
5. How does Jim help Boone in his fight with Streak?
6. How does Zeb respond to the plans that are being made for Teal Eye and trading in Chapter 18?
7. How does Teal Eye change when she gets closer to the land of her people?
8. What takes place when Boone and Dick have a confrontation with twelve Indians in Chapter 14?
9. How is the crew of the Mandan attacked by the Indians in Chapter 15?
10. How are the other passengers on the Mandan described?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)