|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creek do the men build their fort above in Chapter 19?
(a) Teapot Creek.
(b) Big Creek.
(c) Capps Creek.
(d) Brush Creek.
2. What is the first name of Napier, the person Boone fought with to cause a warrant for him to be issued?
3. Why is Boone sent to jail in Chapter 7?
(a) An unidentified witness testifies.
(b) The trial is rushed by the sheriff.
(c) Boone is not allowed to testify in his defense.
(d) Bedwell lies under oath.
4. What do the men chase in Chapter 22?
(a) A herd of buffalo.
(b) A herd of cattle.
(c) A group of horses.
(d) A flock of geese.
5. Where did John get the ball in his leg that causes him to limp?
(a) Stoney Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mountain range are the men near in Chapter 23?
2. How many Indians have the men seen since leaving Fort Union when Chapter 19 begins?
3. What weapon does Streak have in the fight with Boone?
4. What is the year in Chapter 20?
5. By the order of Jourdonnais, what are the men prohibited from doing in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place when Boone and Dick have a confrontation with twelve Indians in Chapter 14?
2. Why does Boone try to hide the symptoms of his illness while traveling on the Mandan and how does Jim help him?
3. What happens when Boone catches Bedwell?
4. How does Jim help Boone in his fight with Streak?
5. How does Jim free Boone from the Paoli jail cell?
6. What is causing the men to consider making their current rendezvous the last one in Chapter 24?
7. Which issues do Jourdonnais and McKenzie discuss at Fort Union?
8. What is Boone's reputation when the story begins, and what trouble is he in as a result of his actions?
9. How does Teal Eye change when she gets closer to the land of her people?
10. Who do Boone, Jim, and Dick encounter in Chapter 22 and what precautions are being taken to prevent another Indian attack?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)