|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Boone discovers in Chapter 16, what role will the Rees have in the upcoming war?
(a) They will side with the Indians.
(b) They will side with the white man.
(c) They are undecided.
(d) They will remain neutral.
2. What do the men do before departing in Chapter 22?
(b) Play a game.
(d) Read a map.
3. How many Indians approach Boone and Dick at the end of Chapter 14?
4. How do Boone and Jim prepare for entering Indian territory in Chapter 13?
(a) They paint their faces.
(b) They wear feathers.
(c) They have their heads shaved.
(d) They stay out of sight.
5. How does Boone injure Streak during their fight in Chapter 24?
(a) He breaks his nose.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He breaks his ribs.
(d) He breaks his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of Indians attack Dick and the rest of the men in Chapter 15?
2. How many Indians have the men seen since leaving Fort Union when Chapter 19 begins?
3. What does Jim notice in Chapter 19 as the first sign of the Indians?
4. What does Dick think about doing when he returns home?
5. What are the other men doing while Boone and Dick are talking in the beginning of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 12 between Boone and Teal Eye?
2. How are the other passengers on the Mandan described?
3. What information does Boone discover while the Mandan travels through the territory of the Rees Indians?
4. Who do Boone, Jim, and Dick encounter in Chapter 22 and what precautions are being taken to prevent another Indian attack?
5. Why does Boone try to hide the symptoms of his illness while traveling on the Mandan and how does Jim help him?
6. How much time has passed when Chapter 20 begins and what events have occurred?
7. After a year on the Mandan, how has Boone's appearance changed and what thoughts does he have about returning home in Chapter 16?
8. How is the crew of the Mandan attacked by the Indians in Chapter 15?
9. What is Boone's reputation when the story begins, and what trouble is he in as a result of his actions?
10. What thoughts does the Grand Teton Range spark for Dick?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)