|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Boone that his son is blind in Chapter 41?
(a) Red Horn.
(d) Teal Eye.
2. What color is the horse that Boone plans to present to Teal Eye's father?
3. As Jim informs Boone in Chapter 36, what did the Indians want that attacked them?
(a) It is unknown.
4. What is Old Man Mefford taking to St. Louis in Chapter 43?
5. Where is the group with wagons traveling in Chapter 44?
6. From whom is the letter that Jim brought for Boone?
(a) It is unknown.
(b) Boone's mother.
7. What is found instead of Indians upstream from the Three Forks in Chapter 28?
(a) A forest.
(b) A deserted village.
(c) A cave.
(d) A deserted camp site.
8. Which of the following is not included in the things that Boone tells Teal Eye before leaving in Chapter 34?
(a) If he does not return, she will find someone else.
(b) She will wait for him with Red Horn.
(c) He will be back.
(d) He will write to her every day.
9. What does Jim suspect about Boone in Chapter 26?
(a) He is thinking of leaving.
(b) He is looking for a place to settle.
(c) He is thinking about going back home.
(d) He is looking for Teal Eye.
10. When does Boone leave the boat in Chapter 44?
(a) Before it reaches St. Louis.
(b) In St. Louis.
(c) After it passes St. Louis.
(d) In a place he does not recognize.
11. How many goats have the men eaten in Chapter 40?
12. What is the year in Chapter 31?
13. What are Boone and Jim talking about in the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) The upcoming summer.
(b) The goats.
(c) The previous winter.
(d) The buffalo.
14. How does Boone respond to Red Horn's concerns in Chapter 31?
(a) He tells him not to worry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is also worried.
(d) He tells him to get more information.
15. What will happen if Boone stops to rest in Chapter 38?
(a) He will fall asleep.
(b) He will be attacked.
(c) He will have more energy.
(d) He will freeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides a letter, what else does Jim have with him as he travels back to the camp in Chapter 42?
2. What is Red Horn concerned about in Chapter 31?
3. What is the weather at the start of Chapter 37?
4. How many customers are in the store at Fort McKenzie when Jim arrives there?
5. Which one of the following best describes Boone's behavior on the boat in Chapter 43?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)