|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Red Horn concerned about in Chapter 31?
(a) The railroads.
(b) The other Indian tribes.
(c) The severe weather.
(d) The depletion of animal stocks.
2. How many customers are in the store at Fort McKenzie when Jim arrives there?
(c) A few.
3. Besides a letter, what else does Jim have with him as he travels back to the camp in Chapter 42?
(a) A case of wine.
(b) Loaves of bread.
(c) A bow and arrow set.
(d) A case of whiskey.
4. What is the weather at the start of Chapter 37?
(a) Snow is falling.
(b) It is windy and cold, but no snow is falling.
(c) It is cold, but there is no snow falling.
(d) It is windy, cold, and raining.
5. Which two rivers meet and are upstream from the Three Forks in Chapter 28?
(a) Jefferson and Gallatin.
(b) Columbia and Gallatin.
(c) Madison and Columbia.
(d) Madison and Jefferson.
6. What are Boone and Jim talking about in the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) The buffalo.
(b) The previous winter.
(c) The upcoming summer.
(d) The goats.
7. Where in the mountains are the goats that Boone is hunting in Chapter 38?
(a) High, low, and in the middle.
(d) In the middle.
8. As Jim informs Boone in Chapter 36, what did the Indians want that attacked them?
(d) It is unknown.
9. How many children does Dan have when Boone returns home in Chapter 45?
(a) Two girls.
(b) Two boys.
(c) Two girls and one boy.
(d) One boy and one girl.
10. What news does Jim bring to Boone about Dick in Chapter 32?
(a) He is married.
(b) He is helping Indian tribes near where he lives.
(c) He owns several different properties.
(d) He is planning to visit Boone soon.
11. How many goats does Boone shoot in Chapter 38?
12. What is the year in Chapter 31?
13. Which form of transportation does Jim tell Boone about in Chapter 32?
14. What river does Boone see after reaching Dearborn Valley in Chapter 28?
(a) Sacagawea River.
(b) Poplar River.
(c) Medicine River.
(d) Musselshell River.
15. What does Boone tell Jim when he wakes up in Chapter 37?
(a) They can survive for another week without food.
(b) The Indians will help them.
(c) He is sorry for the lack of food.
(d) More food is on its way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Boone stops to rest in Chapter 38?
2. When does Boone leave the boat in Chapter 44?
3. How many other men are stranded with Boone and Jim in Chapter 38?
4. How does Teal Eye respond to Boone when she sees him in Chapter 30?
5. How does Jim describe his condition in Chapter 38?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)