|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Jim bring to Boone about Dick in Chapter 32?
(a) He is married.
(b) He is planning to visit Boone soon.
(c) He owns several different properties.
(d) He is helping Indian tribes near where he lives.
2. What is found instead of Indians upstream from the Three Forks in Chapter 28?
(a) A deserted camp site.
(b) A deserted village.
(c) A cave.
(d) A forest.
3. What was the man doing that Jim mentioned in Chapter 32?
(a) Drawing maps of the mountains.
(b) Posting signs on several trees.
(c) Posting signs along the roads.
(d) Learning his way in the mountains.
4. What does Jim suspect about Boone in Chapter 26?
(a) He is looking for Teal Eye.
(b) He is looking for a place to settle.
(c) He is thinking about going back home.
(d) He is thinking of leaving.
5. Which disease killed most of the Indians in Chapter 28?
(c) Typhoid fever.
6. Why is Boone looking for Judge Test and Bedwell in Chapter 44?
(a) To see revenge.
(b) To retrieve his rifle.
(c) To clear his name.
(d) To get an apology.
7. What does Boone give to Red Horn in Chapter 29?
(b) A rifle.
(c) The horse.
8. Based on the news that Jim delivers to Boone in Chapter 32, to what places are people now traveling?
(a) Arizona and Oregon.
(b) Arizona and Utah.
(c) California and Utah.
(d) California and Oregon.
9. What are Boone and Jim talking about in the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) The buffalo.
(b) The goats.
(c) The upcoming summer.
(d) The previous winter.
10. What fear do the people at Fort McKenzie have?
(a) That Boone will not help them against the Indians.
(b) That the Indians will stop them from trading.
(c) That the Indians will take all of their food.
(d) That Boone will lead the Indians against them.
11. As Jim informs Boone in Chapter 36, what did the Indians want that attacked them?
(b) It is unknown.
12. When does Boone leave the boat in Chapter 44?
(a) In a place he does not recognize.
(b) Before it reaches St. Louis.
(c) After it passes St. Louis.
(d) In St. Louis.
13. Why does Boone try to steal the horse from the Crow Village in Chapter 27?
(a) He recognizes the horse as one that the Indians stole.
(b) He does not think the Indians would trade for it.
(c) He does not know it belonged to the Indians.
(d) He does not have anything to trade for it.
14. What does Boone use to build a lodging for Jim at the end of Chapter 36?
(a) Stones and leaves.
(b) Sticks and leaves.
(c) Sticks and stones.
(d) Sticks, stones, and leaves.
15. Where are Boone and Jim in Chapter 26?
(b) Three Forks.
(d) Willow Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boone do to get a goat back to Jim at the end of Chapter 38?
2. Which of the following is not included in the things that Boone tells Teal Eye before leaving in Chapter 34?
3. Which two rivers meet and are upstream from the Three Forks in Chapter 28?
4. What is Red Horn concerned about in Chapter 31?
5. What is causing Boone to be suspicious of Jim and Teal Eye?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)