|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which form of transportation does Jim tell Boone about in Chapter 32?
2. Where in the mountains are the goats that Boone is hunting in Chapter 38?
(b) High, low, and in the middle.
(d) In the middle.
3. How does Jim describe his condition in Chapter 38?
(a) He feels as if he is always in pain.
(b) He feels as if he is always cold.
(c) He feels as if he is always tired.
(d) He feels as if he is always hungry.
4. What does Jim wonder about staying with Boone in Chapter 26?
(a) Why he stays.
(b) What would happen if he didn't stay.
(c) When he decided to stay.
(d) How long he will stay.
5. How many goats does Boone shoot in Chapter 38?
6. Besides a letter, what else does Jim have with him as he travels back to the camp in Chapter 42?
(a) Loaves of bread.
(b) A case of wine.
(c) A bow and arrow set.
(d) A case of whiskey.
7. As the men contemplate where to go for supplies in Chapter 40, how far away is Flathead Mouse?
(a) A few hours away.
(b) Two days away.
(c) A half day away.
(d) One day away.
8. What is the time of day when Boone, Jim, and Dick are talking in Chapter 25?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late afternoon.
(d) Early evening.
9. What color is the horse that Boone plans to present to Teal Eye's father?
10. What type of Indians arrive at the campsite in Chapter 26?
11. How many goats have the men eaten in Chapter 40?
12. How are the Indian lodges arranged in Chapter 29?
(a) They are scattered.
(b) By tribe.
(c) By size.
(d) They are grouped together.
13. While seeing no signs of Indians in Chapter 36, what does Boone begin to wonder?
(a) If the Indians have given up on preventing expansion.
(b) If he was wrong about Red Horn.
(c) If he was right about Red Horn.
(d) If there is something wrong with the Indians.
14. What brought the disease to the Indians, causing their deaths?
(a) A boat.
(b) Another tribe.
(c) Bad water.
(d) Bad food.
15. How does Boone first realize that something has happened with the group in Chapter 36?
(a) He sees a cloud of dust.
(b) An Indian tells him.
(c) A guide tells him.
(d) He hears something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Boone and Jim discuss about Teal Eye in Chapter 41?
2. What is the year in Chapter 31?
3. Where is the group with wagons traveling in Chapter 44?
4. What is Peabody looking for to help the fur trading business in Chapter 33?
5. Where does Boone sleep while staying with his family in Chapter 45?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)