|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Teal Eye described in Chapter 19?
(b) More animated.
(c) Less animated.
2. With what insects do the men have a problem in Chapter 16?
3. How does Boone keep warm while sleeping in the barn in Chapter 2?
(a) He starts a fire with branches.
(b) He uses a blanket in the barn.
(c) He sleeps underneath a pile of hay.
(d) He rests next to a cow.
4. What is making Boone sick at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) The cold.
(b) The alcohol he drank.
(c) The heat.
(d) The food he ate.
5. Where does Dick think of returning to in Chapter 23?
6. Where does Boone spend the night while he looks for Bedwell in Chapter 6?
(a) A cave.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A river bank.
(d) A barn.
7. What does Boone use to hit Pap with in Chapter 1?
(a) A horseshoe.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A rock.
(d) A piece of wood.
8. What type of Indians attack Dick and the rest of the men in Chapter 15?
9. What is the year in Chapter 20?
10. Who would most likely have told Pap that Boone was going to St. Louis?
(c) A friend.
(d) No one.
11. What is Jim Deakins transporting in his wagon when he first meets Boone in Chapter 3?
(a) It is unknown.
(d) A corpse.
12. What fort do the Mandan pass in Chapter 16?
(a) Fort Tecumseh.
(b) Fort Chouteau.
(c) Fort Sully.
(d) Fort Meade.
13. Which Kentucky town does Boone assume he has reached in Chapter 2?
14. Where are the men traveling in Chapter 23?
(a) Bridger Valley.
(b) Jackson Hole.
(c) Elk Basin.
(d) Star Valley.
15. What number of men die from their illnesses at the end of Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Teal Eye disappear?
2. Where is Boone taken to by the sheriff in Chapter 7?
3. As Boone discovers in Chapter 16, what role will the Rees have in the upcoming war?
4. What does the Mandan navigate by quietly in Chapter 10?
5. Why is Boone sent to jail in Chapter 7?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)