|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal does Boone shoot in Chapter 5?
2. Why is Boone sent to jail in Chapter 7?
(a) Boone is not allowed to testify in his defense.
(b) An unidentified witness testifies.
(c) The trial is rushed by the sheriff.
(d) Bedwell lies under oath.
3. What does Dick think about doing when he returns home?
(a) Trading furs.
(b) Settling on a patch of land.
(c) Operating a railroad.
(d) Opening a general store.
4. What is it about buffaloes that Boone and Dick are discussing in Chapter 13?
(a) Hunting and skinning.
(b) Skinning and cooking.
(c) Hunting and cooking.
(d) Hunting, skinning, and cooking.
5. What creek do the men build their fort above in Chapter 19?
(a) Big Creek.
(b) Capps Creek.
(c) Brush Creek.
(d) Teapot Creek.
6. How does Boone injure Streak during their fight in Chapter 24?
(a) He breaks his nose.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He breaks his ribs.
7. As Boone thinks about his family in Chapter 16, how does he feel about returning home?
(a) He is not sure if he wants to go back.
(b) He does not want to go back.
(c) Only part of him wants to go back.
(d) He wants to go back.
8. When Boone asks about his uncle, how many years has it been since the hunter, Dick Summers, has seen him?
(a) Seven or eight.
(b) Two or three.
(c) Four or five.
(d) Five or six.
9. What does Boone pack with his clothes before leaving in Chapter 1?
(a) An Indian spear.
(b) An Indian skin strop.
(c) A bow and arrow set.
(d) A set of books.
10. What does Boone use to hit Pap with in Chapter 1?
(a) A horseshoe.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A rock.
(d) A piece of wood.
11. What weapon does Streak have in the fight with Boone?
12. Which one of the following is a sign before the Indian attack in Chapter 15?
13. What does Jim Deakins have at the start of Chapter 8?
(a) A wagon, but no horse.
(b) Neither a horse nor a wagon.
(c) A wagon and a horse.
(d) A horse, but no wagon.
14. What does the Mandan navigate by quietly in Chapter 10?
(a) A large island.
(b) A small island.
(c) A group of camp sites.
(d) A group of buildings.
15. By the order of Jourdonnais, what are the men prohibited from doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Talking to Teal Eye.
(b) Sitting in the middle of the boat.
(c) Touching Teal Eye.
(d) Sitting on the bow of the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of Indians attack Dick and the rest of the men in Chapter 15?
2. Which one of the following best describes the autumn season in the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. Where does Dick think of returning to in Chapter 23?
4. Where is Boone taken to by the sheriff in Chapter 7?
5. In Louisville, which river is Boone on when he escapes from Pap in Chapter 4?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)