|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of Indians attack Dick and the rest of the men in Chapter 15?
2. Against which Indian tribe are the Blackfoot waging war in Chapter 22?
(a) The Crow.
(b) The Chippewa.
(c) The Sioux.
(d) The Shoshone.
3. How long has Boone been in St. Louis for when Chapter 9 begins?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
4. How far away is Fort Union, when Boone learns that his uncle is staying there in Chapter 16?
(a) Two hundred miles.
(b) Fifty miles.
(c) One hundred miles.
(d) One hundred and fifty miles.
5. What are the Indians at Cabanne's post doing?
6. Which of the following is the Indian carrying in Chapter 20?
(a) Several rocks.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) An antelope.
(d) A rabbit.
7. What type of boat do Boone and Jim see on their journey in Chapter 9?
8. What is Jim Deakins transporting in his wagon when he first meets Boone in Chapter 3?
(a) A corpse.
(d) It is unknown.
9. Where did John get the ball in his leg that causes him to limp?
(b) Stoney Creek.
10. How long has Boone been with the Mandan in Chapter 16?
(a) A half year.
(b) Almost three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
11. What are the other men doing while Boone and Dick are talking in the beginning of Chapter 14?
12. What illness does Boone have in Chapter 11?
(a) The measles.
(b) The clap.
13. What is the first name of Napier, the person Boone fought with to cause a warrant for him to be issued?
14. Which mountain range are the men near in Chapter 23?
(a) Rabbit Ears Range.
(b) Wasatch Range.
(c) Grand Teton Range.
(d) Front Range.
15. With what insects do the men have a problem in Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Boone asks about his uncle, how many years has it been since the hunter, Dick Summers, has seen him?
2. How many men are sick when Boone and Jim sign up for the boat by Jourdonnais?
3. How many other times have Boone and Jim been to the mountain range the men are near in Chapter 23?
4. How is the weather described in Chapter 21?
5. How do the Indians respond to the prices they are given during the trading in Chapter 24?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)