|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bedwell take from Boone in Chapter 5?
(a) His money.
(b) His food.
(c) His map.
(d) His rifle.
2. With what insects do the men have a problem in Chapter 16?
3. What intention does Boone tell Zeb he and the other men have?
(a) To avoid conflicts with the Sioux.
(b) To travel through all of the major rivers in the country.
(c) To trade supplies with various Indian tribes.
(d) To return Teal Eye to her people.
4. As Boone is walking in the beginning of Chapter 2, what kind of weather does he encounter?
(b) Dense fog.
(d) Extreme heat.
5. How does Boone keep warm while sleeping in the barn in Chapter 2?
(a) He rests next to a cow.
(b) He uses a blanket in the barn.
(c) He sleeps underneath a pile of hay.
(d) He starts a fire with branches.
6. Who waits for Zeb with Boone at Fort Union?
(a) Only Dick.
(b) Jim and Dick.
(c) Only Jim.
(d) Neither Jim nor Dick.
7. What weapon does Streak have in the fight with Boone?
8. What type of business relationship does Jourdonnais want to have with the Indians after returning Teal Eye?
(a) Short and distant.
(b) Long and distant.
(c) Long and profitable.
(d) Short and profitable.
9. How does Boone injure Streak during their fight in Chapter 24?
(a) He breaks his ribs.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He breaks his nose.
(d) He breaks his leg.
10. What illness does Boone have in Chapter 11?
(c) The measles.
(d) The clap.
11. How many men are sick when Boone and Jim sign up for the boat by Jourdonnais?
12. What does Jim notice in Chapter 19 as the first sign of the Indians?
(a) Strange noises.
(b) A cloud of dust.
(c) Loud voices.
(d) A series of arrows.
13. Why is Boone sent to jail in Chapter 7?
(a) Boone is not allowed to testify in his defense.
(b) Bedwell lies under oath.
(c) An unidentified witness testifies.
(d) The trial is rushed by the sheriff.
14. What does Boone do when he thinks about his family at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He cries.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He yells.
15. What does Dick think about doing when he returns home?
(a) Operating a railroad.
(b) Opening a general store.
(c) Trading furs.
(d) Settling on a patch of land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Boone taken to by the sheriff in Chapter 7?
2. How is Teal Eye described in Chapter 19?
3. Where does Boone spend the night while he looks for Bedwell in Chapter 6?
4. How do the Indians respond to the prices they are given during the trading in Chapter 24?
5. What type of Indians attack Dick and the rest of the men in Chapter 15?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)