• Boone, a seventeen year old known for getting into trouble, has a fight that causes a warrant to be issued.
• After fighting with his father, Boone leaves his home in Kentucky and travels West.
• Alone, Boone spends the night in a barn and cries while thinking about home.
• Boone meets Jim Deakins and the two stop at Louisville, where Boone narrowly escapes his father and the law.
• Boone is tricked by Bedwell and finds his rifle stolen after a night of drinking.
• Bedwell is caught by Boone, but the sheriff arrives as the two fight.
• Boone is convicted and imprisoned because of Bedwell's dishonest testimony.
• Jim goes to Paoli and frees Boone by taking the sheriff's jail cell keys.
• Boone and Jim have been working in St. Louis for three weeks and they make plans to board the Mandan on the Missouri...
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)