|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his Epilogue, what does the author amount to billion dollar gifts paid for by the American people?
2. When was the conference for subprime mortgage bond salesmen and buyers in Chapter 6?
3. The top bond traders of the 1980s called themselves by what nickname, becoming inspiration for the books The Bonfire of the Vanities and Liar's Poker?
4. To what floor did Howie Hubler move after making a unique deal with his company in Chapter 9?
5. What is the central banking system of the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Ben Hockett play in the success of Cornwall Capital Management?
2. How did Howie Hubler get involved with CDO trading in Chapter 9?
3. Who took the hardest hit from the mortgage crisis, according to the author in his conclusion of the book?
4. Why did Steve Eisman buy CDOs from Lippmann in Chapter 7?
5. What investors did Scion Capital face losing in Chapter 8? Why?
6. How does the author describe the events at FrontPoint on September 18, 2008?
7. What impact did the conference have on Cornwall Capital Management in Chapter 7?
8. What did Steve Eisman find himself drawn to at the conference in Chapter 6? Why?
9. What information did Steve Eisman discover about the rating companies in Chapter 7?
10. What did Morgan Stanley offer Howie Hubler in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the personality of Steve Eisman as detailed in the book. What characteristics made Eisman fit for the world of Wall Street?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the differences between stock trading and bond trading. How are bonds more difficult to determine the value of?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the market strategies of Cornwall Capital Management after the Las Vegas conference. What concerns did Ledley and Mai bring to the SEC and what response did they get?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)