|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Scion Capital open business?
2. In the Epilogue, Michael Lewis tells his readers about a lunch meeting he had with his former CEO at what company?
3. Who still felt as though he was not receiving the recognition he deserved for his foresight and lucrative investing and decided to quit as a money manager in Chapter 10?
4. When did Howie Hubler go on vacation and never return in Chapter 9?
5. Reluctant to lose out on what Michael Burry was convinced would be a profitable investment, what did he do with his CDSs to keep his investors from taking their money back in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Wing Chau selling essentially, as discovered by Eisman in Chapter 6?
2. What role did Ben Hockett play in the success of Cornwall Capital Management?
3. What would have caused most of the Wall Street banks to fail, according to the author in Chapter 10?
4. What conclusion did Steve Eisman reach regarding the CDSs and CDOs in Chapter 7?
5. What did Charlie Ledley and Michael Burry do in the aftermath of the market disaster in Chapter 10?
6. Why did Mike Burry's reports to investors appear bleak in Chapter 8?
7. Who took the hardest hit from the mortgage crisis, according to the author in his conclusion of the book?
8. What information did Steve Eisman discover about the rating companies in Chapter 7?
9. What actions from the 1980s does the author describe as leading up to the mortgage crisis in the Epilogue?
10. How many CDOs did Cornwall Capital Management acquire after the conference in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the personality of Steve Eisman as detailed in the book. What characteristics made Eisman fit for the world of Wall Street?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Charlie Ledley's objectives and obstacles at the Las Vegas conference. What did Ledley hope to achieve at the conference and what stood in his way?
Essay Topic 3
Describe FICO and the role of rating systems in the mortgage crisis. From whom did Eisman make the discoveries about the ratings companies?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)