|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 29th chairperson of the SEC?
2. What is the title of Chapter 9?
3. At the conference in Chapter 6, Charlie Ledley found himself being courted by what company and chiefly ignored by most of the other conference attendees?
4. When was the Morgan Stanley corporation founded?
5. In Chapter 9, Lippmann gave Hubler several chances to back out of the deal at a loss, but Hubler continuously refused until finally settling with Deutsche Bank for more than how much?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the author describe meeting for lunch in the Epilogue?
2. What conclusion did Steve Eisman reach regarding the CDSs and CDOs in Chapter 7?
3. What led Cornwall Capital Management to sell off their CDOs in Chapter 9? How much did they make?
4. When did Howie Hubler disappear? How much did Morgan Stanley lose from his actions?
5. What did Morgan Stanley offer Howie Hubler in Chapter 9?
6. For how much did Morgan Stanley settle on the CDOs in Chapter 9?
7. What took place as Steve Eisman gave a speech in Chapter 10?
8. Who took the hardest hit from the mortgage crisis, according to the author in his conclusion of the book?
9. What was Wing Chau selling essentially, as discovered by Eisman in Chapter 6?
10. What actions from the 1980s does the author describe as leading up to the mortgage crisis in the Epilogue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the market strategies of Cornwall Capital Management after the Las Vegas conference. What concerns did Ledley and Mai bring to the SEC and what response did they get?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Moody's and Standard & Poor's. When were these rating companies established? What is their role on Wall Street?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Gene Park and Joe Cassano and the discoveries made by Park in Chapter 4. What was Cassano's reaction when approached with the information?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)