|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of Michael Lewis' father?
2. Analysts from where revealed to Eisman that no one truly understood these CDOs in Chapter 6?
3. Where is Morgan Stanley headquartered?
4. To what floor did Howie Hubler move after making a unique deal with his company in Chapter 9?
5. What nickname was John Gutfreund given by Business Week in 1985?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the author describe meeting for lunch in the Epilogue?
2. When did Howie Hubler disappear? How much did Morgan Stanley lose from his actions?
3. How did Michael Lewis begin his career as an author of financial books?
4. How many CDOs did Cornwall Capital Management acquire after the conference in Chapter 7?
5. What is a CDS?
6. Why did Steve Eisman buy CDOs from Lippmann in Chapter 7?
7. What investors did Scion Capital face losing in Chapter 8? Why?
8. Who did Steve Eisman meet at the dinner held by Deutsche Bank in Chapter 6? What did he learn?
9. How does the author describe the events at FrontPoint on September 18, 2008?
10. What fraudulent actions did Mike Burry take in Chapter 8? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that Merrill Lynch played in the mortgage crisis of 2008. What actions did the company take which led directly or indirectly to the failings of banks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the personality of Steve Eisman as detailed in the book. What characteristics made Eisman fit for the world of Wall Street?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conversation between Wing Chau and Steve Eisman in Chapter 6 and analyze the synthesized CDOs discussed. What does this information reveal?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)