|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Gene Park's boss in Chapter 4?
2. Who began taking the bottom tranches of their mortgage bonds and packaging them together to create CDOs in Chapter 3?
3. In 2007, Meredith Whitney announced that what company had so mismanaged its affairs that it would slash its dividend or crash?
4. In a short time, Michael Burry had credit default swaps worth what in subprime mortgage bonds in Chapter 2?
5. When was Michael Lewis' first book published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "expert" did Greg Lippmann bring to speak with Steve Eisman in Chapter 3? Why?
2. What picture does the author paint of Steve Eisman and Wall Street in 2005 in Chapter 1?
3. With whom did Charley Ledley work in New York? What individual did he meet from Berkeley, California in Chapter 5?
4. How do stocks and bonds differ in trading?
5. How did Steve Eisman come to work for Oppenheimer Co.? How is he described?
6. How did Cornwall Capital Management secure an ISDA? What did this mean for the company?
7. What patterns did Steve Eisman's team discover in mortgage trading in Chapter 4?
8. How is Mike Burry described in Chapter 3? What did he study before entering the stock market?
9. What did Goldman Sachs begin doing with their bottom tranches in Chapter 3?
10. What did Steve Eisman's team conclude after analyzing the mortgage data in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the conversation between Wing Chau and Steve Eisman in Chapter 6 and analyze the synthesized CDOs discussed. What does this information reveal?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Greg Lippmann and the dealings between Deutsche Bank and FrontPoint. What was Lippmann's objective in approaching Eisman?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Charlie Ledley's objectives and obstacles at the Las Vegas conference. What did Ledley hope to achieve at the conference and what stood in his way?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)