|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Eisman's published report, there were no more public subprime mortgage lenders by what year, as described in Chapter 1?
2. In criminal law, what is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual?
3. In what year did Steve Eisman stop working as an analyst and start his own hedge fund?
4. What are divisions of mortgage bonds in which the mortgage bonds are divided into pieces?
5. Michael Burry worked as a resident in what field in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are AIG FP's actions described in Chapter 3?
2. How is Mike Burry described in Chapter 3? What did he study before entering the stock market?
3. Who was the only person at AIG FP to investigate the company's CDSs in Chapter 4? What did he discover?
4. What did Steve Eisman's team conclude after analyzing the mortgage data in Chapter 4?
5. How did Steve Eisman come to work for Oppenheimer Co.? How is he described?
6. How did Greg Lippmann go about finding investors in Chapter 3?
7. What did Vincent Daniel discover about the ratings companies in Chapter 4?
8. How did Greg Lippmann believe he could make a fortune in the subprime mortgage industry in Chapter 3?
9. With whom did Charley Ledley work in New York? What individual did he meet from Berkeley, California in Chapter 5?
10. How are tranches differentiated in mortgage bonds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss ISDAs, Ace Greenburg, Bear Sterns and Ben Hockett. How did Hockett contribute to the evolution of Cornwall Capital Management?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Charlie Ledley's objectives and obstacles at the Las Vegas conference. What did Ledley hope to achieve at the conference and what stood in his way?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the market strategies of Cornwall Capital Management after the Las Vegas conference. What concerns did Ledley and Mai bring to the SEC and what response did they get?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)