|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Michael Lewis' first book published?
2. In criminal law, what is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual?
3. For what company did Ben Hockett work when he met Jamie Mai?
4. Where did Michael Burry share his thoughts on investing while learning what he could from others in Chapter 2?
5. When was Michael Lewis born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ledley and Mai discover about CDOs and CDSs in Chapter 5?
2. How are tranches differentiated in mortgage bonds?
3. How did Greg Lippmann go about finding investors in Chapter 3?
4. Discuss Steve Eisman's work with mortgage bonds. How were mortgage bonds divided?
5. What did Steve Eisman discover about Household Finance Corporation in Chapter 1?
6. What report did Steve Eisman publish in 1997? Who assisted him?
7. How did Cornwall Capital Management secure an ISDA? What did this mean for the company?
8. Who was the only person at AIG FP to investigate the company's CDSs in Chapter 4? What did he discover?
9. How is Mike Burry described in Chapter 3? What did he study before entering the stock market?
10. What patterns did Steve Eisman's team discover in mortgage trading in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the personality of Steve Eisman as detailed in the book. What characteristics made Eisman fit for the world of Wall Street?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that Merrill Lynch played in the mortgage crisis of 2008. What actions did the company take which led directly or indirectly to the failings of banks?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Gene Park and Joe Cassano and the discoveries made by Park in Chapter 4. What was Cassano's reaction when approached with the information?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)