|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. FrontPoint Partners is a subsidiary of what company?
(a) Merrill Lynch.
(c) Morgan Stanley.
(d) Bear Sterns.
2. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) Tidal Wave of Trouble.
(b) The End of Wall Street.
(c) Two Men in a Boat.
(d) The Fall.
3. Where was the conference for subprime mortgage bond salesmen and buyers in Chapter 6?
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
4. Howie Hubler's company was so impressed with Hubler that they made him a unique deal by giving him what within their company in Chapter 9?
(a) Free investments.
(b) An extraordary bonus.
(c) A house.
(d) A money management firm.
5. Where did Meredith Whitney work when she predicted the need for Citigroup to slash their dividends or crash in 2007?
(a) Oppenheimer and Co.
(b) Bear Sterns.
(d) Merrill Lynch.
6. In Chapter 9, Lippmann gave Hubler several chances to back out of the deal at a loss, but Hubler continuously refused until finally settling with Deutsche Bank for more than how much?
(a) $800 million.
(b) $900 million.
(c) $3 billion.
(d) $1 billion.
7. The first night of the conference in Chapter 6, Steve Eisman found himself attending a dinner thrown by what company?
(b) Oppenheimer and Co.
(c) Deutsche Bank.
8. When was Eisman invited to make a speech to support a quickly flagging Wall Street firm in Chapter 10?
(a) June 3, 2007.
(b) March 14, 2008.
(c) October 22, 2007.
(d) January 5, 2008.
9. Asperger's syndrome differs from other autistic disorders by its relative preservation of development in what areas?
(b) Coordination and Linguistic.
(c) Cognitive and spacial.
(d) Linguistic and cognitive.
10. What does the SEC refer to?
(a) Speculators and Experts Council.
(b) Securities and Exchange Commission.
(c) Sellers and Engineers Committee.
(d) Special Experts Conglomerate.
11. What is a spectrum of psychological conditions characterized by widespread abnormalities of social interactions and communication, as well as restricted interests and repetitive behavior?
(a) The Asperger spectrum.
(b) The autism spectrum.
(d) Schizophenic spectrum.
12. In his Epilogue, what does the author amount to billion dollar gifts paid for by the American people?
(a) Tax revenues.
(b) Government bailouts.
(c) The national parks.
(d) The bond market.
13. John Gutfreund openly blames Michael Lewis for what?
(a) Ruining his career.
(b) The market crash.
(c) The bubble bursting.
(d) His divorce.
14. During the first six months of what year did Mike Burry find himself struggling with his investors in Chapter 8?
15. In Chapter 9 the author writes that it became apparent that no one at Morgan Stanley fully understood the CDO deals, including who?
(a) Jim Beaston.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) Michael Ewing.
(d) John Mack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Michael Lewis receive a BA in Art History?
2. Who is the 29th chairperson of the SEC?
3. Who wrote the book "The Greatest Trade Ever: How John Paulson Bet Against The Markets and Made $20 Billion"?
4. What nickname was John Gutfreund given by Business Week in 1985?
5. When did Howie Hubler go on vacation and never return in Chapter 9?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)