|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the conference for subprime mortgage bond salesmen and buyers in Chapter 6?
(a) January, 2007.
(b) June, 2004.
(c) August, 2008.
(d) May, 2008.
2. When was Michael Lewis' first book published?
3. How much ownership was Howie Hubler over his own company in the deal in Chapter 9?
4. When did Steve Eisman publish a report outlining the bad practices of the subprime mortgage lender in Chapter 1?
5. What are divisions of mortgage bonds in which the mortgage bonds are divided into pieces?
(a) FICO Scores.
(b) Collateral debt obligation.
(c) Credit default swap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went to a conference of subprime mortgage bond professionals and learned from a woman that her supervisors picked and chose which mortgage bonds would be triple-A rated despite her frequent recommendations that most of them be downgraded?
2. What refers to loans made to customers with less than perfect credit?
3. What company did Charlie Ledley and Jamie Mai investigate because of some legal troubles, deciding that the legal trouble would blow over and their low stock would soon rally in Chapter 5?
4. Who is an American former stockbroker, investment adviser, non-executive chairman of the NASDAQ stock market, and the admitted operator of what has been described as the largest Ponzi scheme in history?
5. Where did Michael Lewis work as a bond salesman after earning his Masters degree in Economics?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)