|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does NYSE stand for?
(a) New York Stock Exchange.
(b) New York Securities Engine.
(c) New York Securities Enterprise.
(d) New York Stock Entrepreneurs.
2. What company did Charlie Ledley and Jamie Mai investigate because of some legal troubles, deciding that the legal trouble would blow over and their low stock would soon rally in Chapter 5?
(a) Oppenheimer and Co.
(b) Capital One Financial.
(c) Deutsche Bank.
(d) Cornwall Capital Management.
3. Who went to a conference of subprime mortgage bond professionals and learned from a woman that her supervisors picked and chose which mortgage bonds would be triple-A rated despite her frequent recommendations that most of them be downgraded?
(a) Jamie Mai.
(b) Vincent Daniel.
(c) Steve Eisman.
(d) Ernestine Warner.
4. What does FINRA stand for?
(a) Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
(b) Fiscal Investment Recovery Act.
(c) Future Inverstment Reparations Act.
(d) Fiscal Imaginaton Repression Agency.
5. Cornwall Capital Management ended with more than how much in CDOs in Chapter 7?
(a) $600 million.
(b) $200 million.
(c) $150 million.
(d) $450 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman who stated that her supervisors picked and chose which mortgage bonds would be triple-A rated despite her frequent recommendations that most of them be downgraded worked for what company in Chapter 4?
2. What is a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies that publishes financial research and analysis on stocks and bonds?
3. Who began taking the bottom tranches of their mortgage bonds and packaging them together to create CDOs in Chapter 3?
4. Who agreed to a $5 million dollar deal with Michael Burry in Chapter 2?
5. Who began shorting the stocks of rating companies as well as many of the CDO managers in Chapter 6?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)