|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Michael Burry begin cataloging his investments and their results, which drew interest from Wall Street brokers without Burry's knowledge?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A blog.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A library.
2. By what year had Steve Eisman gathered a group of investors around himself filled with people who believed as he did that no one on Wall Street knew what they were doing, as described in Chapter 1?
3. Where did Michael Lewis earn his Masters degree in Economics?
(a) The London School of Economics.
(b) The Paris School of Economics.
(c) The New York School of Economics.
(d) The Chicago School of Economics.
4. What is a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies that publishes financial research and analysis on stocks and bonds?
(a) Standard & Poor's.
(b) Scion Capital.
(c) Deutsche Bank.
(d) Cornwall Capital Management.
5. What is a collection of one hundred different mortgage bonds, usually the riskiest that are combined to create a new group of bonds that could take the low rated bonds and reclassify them at a higher rate?
(a) Collateral debt obligation.
(b) FICO Scores.
(c) Credit default swap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the head of the surveillance department at Moody in Chapter 7?
2. Who thought that if AIG stopped buying the bonds, the subprime mortgage bond market would collapse, making him a fortune in Chapter 3?
3. Michael Burry could not bet against mortgage bonds in the same way he could other bonds because he could not short houses, only what?
4. During their research, Ledley and Mai discovered that many CDOs were comprised of triple-B rated mortgages being sold as what?
5. Analysts from where revealed to Eisman that no one truly understood these CDOs in Chapter 6?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)