|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Steve Eisman stop working as an analyst and start his own hedge fund?
2. As Steve Eisman's team investigated in Chapter 4, they found patterns in the people and states that what?
(a) Suffered the highest default rates.
(b) Had warmer climates.
(c) Were the most successful.
(d) Were more educated.
3. Who thought that if AIG stopped buying the bonds, the subprime mortgage bond market would collapse, making him a fortune in Chapter 3?
(a) Greg Lippman.
(b) Meredith Whitney.
(c) Euguene Xu.
(d) Michael Lewis.
4. Steve Eisman discovered that what company was fraudulently selling fifteen year mortgages under the guise of thirty year mortgages?
(a) The Fitch Group.
(b) Household Finance Corporation.
(c) Salomon Brothers.
(d) Gotham Capital.
5. Gene Park worked for what company in Chapter 4?
(a) AIG FP.
(b) Standard & Poor's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What majority-owned subsidiary of Fimalac, S.A., is a global rating agency dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data?
2. Michael Burry could not bet against mortgage bonds in the same way he could other bonds because he could not short houses, only what?
3. With Ben Hockett's help, Cornwall received a contract which allowed them to buy what?
4. In 2007, Meredith Whitney announced that what company had so mismanaged its affairs that it would slash its dividend or crash?
5. In Chapter 3, soon all the CDSs AIG FP sold consisted primarily of what?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)