|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Michael Burry's first credit default swap, he bought how many bonds?
2. What is a legal document that institutions and businesses use to describe the securities they are offering for participants and buyers?
(d) Terms of Service.
3. By what year had Steve Eisman gathered a group of investors around himself filled with people who believed as he did that no one on Wall Street knew what they were doing, as described in Chapter 1?
4. For what company did Michael Lewis begin working after earning his Masters degree in Economics?
(a) Salomon Brothers.
(b) Oppenheimer and Co.
(d) Aames Financial.
5. Where did Michael Lewis earn his Masters degree in Economics?
(a) The New York School of Economics.
(b) The Paris School of Economics.
(c) The Chicago School of Economics.
(d) The London School of Economics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sale of CDSs grew AIG FP so quickly that it provided what percent of AIG's profits in Chapter 3?
2. In 2007, Meredith Whitney announced that what company had so mismanaged its affairs that it would slash its dividend or crash?
3. With whom did Michael Burry make his first credit default swap?
4. What are bonds that are made up of mortgages sold to consumers by banks?
5. What does AIG FP stand for?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)