|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the creation of ______, mortgage companies became inspired to grow quickly and offer a great many loans to customers.
(a) Standard & Poor's.
(b) FICO Scores.
(d) Mortgage bonds.
2. What mortgage lender did an Oppenheimer banker obtain information on from Steve Eisman in Chapter 1?
(a) Aames Financial.
(b) Gotham Capital.
(d) Bear Stearns.
3. At what age was Michael Lewis when he was shocked that Wall Street would allow him to buy and sell stocks, as described in the Prologue?
4. When was Michael Lewis born?
5. What are divisions of mortgage bonds in which the mortgage bonds are divided into pieces?
(a) FICO Scores.
(c) Credit default swap.
(d) Collateral debt obligation.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what year had Steve Eisman gathered a group of investors around himself filled with people who believed as he did that no one on Wall Street knew what they were doing, as described in Chapter 1?
2. Steve Eisman got his job with Oppenheimer and Co. through whom?
3. What are bonds that are made up of mortgages sold to consumers by banks?
4. In 2007, Meredith Whitney announced that what company had so mismanaged its affairs that it would slash its dividend or crash?
5. What was Michael Lewis' first book?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)