|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Steve Eisman stop working as an analyst and start his own hedge fund?
2. When was Michael Lewis born?
3. With whose assistance did Steve Eisman publish a report outlining the bad practices of the subprime mortgage lender in Chapter 1?
(a) Meredith Whitney's.
(b) Michael Lewis'.
(c) Greg Lippmann's.
(d) Vincent Daniel's.
4. In finance, what occurs when a debtor has not met his or her legal obligations according to the debt contract?
5. Meredith Whitney was an analyst of financial firms for what company in 2007?
(a) Oppenheimer and Co.
(c) Household Finance Corporation.
(d) Salomon Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mortgage lender did an Oppenheimer banker obtain information on from Steve Eisman in Chapter 1?
2. What is a collection of one hundred different mortgage bonds, usually the riskiest that are combined to create a new group of bonds that could take the low rated bonds and reclassify them at a higher rate?
3. What is often referred to as a form of insurance that protects a lender if a borrower of capital defaults on a loan?
4. What is the name of the investment group Steve Eisman formed after quitting his job as a bond analyst?
5. For what company did Michael Lewis begin working after earning his Masters degree in Economics?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)