|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Michael Lewis' first book published?
2. What is the name of the investment group Steve Eisman formed after quitting his job as a bond analyst?
(b) Deutsche Bank.
(c) Scion Capital.
(d) Cornwall Capital Management.
3. With whose assistance did Steve Eisman publish a report outlining the bad practices of the subprime mortgage lender in Chapter 1?
(a) Vincent Daniel's.
(b) Meredith Whitney's.
(c) Greg Lippmann's.
(d) Michael Lewis'.
4. On what date did the head of the International Monetary Fund warn that the world financial system was teetering on the "brink of systemic meltdown"?
(a) June 28, 2007.
(b) March 4, 2006.
(c) October 11, 2008.
(d) August 15, 2009.
5. Where did Michael Lewis work as a bond salesman after earning his Masters degree in Economics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Michael Lewis' first book?
2. Where did Michael Lewis earn his Masters degree in Economics?
3. What had Steve Eisman studied in college?
4. What refers to a cumulative number that suggests a consumer's credit risk?
5. What is a collection of one hundred different mortgage bonds, usually the riskiest that are combined to create a new group of bonds that could take the low rated bonds and reclassify them at a higher rate?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)