|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steve Eisman discovered that what company was fraudulently selling fifteen year mortgages under the guise of thirty year mortgages?
(a) Gotham Capital.
(b) Salomon Brothers.
(c) The Fitch Group.
(d) Household Finance Corporation.
2. Through the use of what, was Michael Burry guaranteed to only lose only the amount of the premium payments in Chapter 2?
3. The contract with which one of Scion's original investors was coming up in Chapter 8?
(a) Merrill Lynch.
4. What had Michael Burry's father warned him to stay away from in Chapter 2?
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) The stock market.
5. On what date did the head of the International Monetary Fund warn that the world financial system was teetering on the "brink of systemic meltdown"?
(a) June 28, 2007.
(b) March 4, 2006.
(c) August 15, 2009.
(d) October 11, 2008.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thought that if AIG stopped buying the bonds, the subprime mortgage bond market would collapse, making him a fortune in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of Mike Burry's investment group?
3. Who agreed to a $5 million dollar deal with Michael Burry in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the investment group begun by Charlie Ledley and his partner in Chapter 5?
5. Where did Michael Burry begin cataloging his investments and their results, which drew interest from Wall Street brokers without Burry's knowledge?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)