|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was CEO of Morgan Stanley at the time Hubler was selling CDOs in Chapter 9?
(a) James Wilson.
(b) Bernie Madoff.
(c) John Mack.
(d) James Smith.
2. What is a global financial service company with its headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany?
(a) Oppenheimer and Co.
(b) Morgan Stanley.
(c) Deutsche Bank.
(d) The Fitch Group.
3. Gene Park worked for what company in Chapter 4?
(a) Standard & Poor's.
(d) AIG FP.
4. In Chapter 8, Michael Burry found that his reports to his investors were appearing more and more bleak because of his heavy investment in what?
(a) Overprime mortgage CDOs.
(b) Subprime mortgage CDOs.
(c) Subprime mortgage CDSs.
(d) Overprime mortgage CDSs.
5. During their research, Ledley and Mai discovered that many CDOs were comprised of triple-B rated mortgages being sold as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ben Hockett live and make investments from in Chapter 5?
2. Who began shorting the stocks of rating companies as well as many of the CDO managers in Chapter 6?
3. Who from Deutsche Bank asked if they could buy the swaps back from Michael Burry in Chapter 2?
4. What does NYSE stand for?
5. What is the name of the investment group Steve Eisman formed after quitting his job as a bond analyst?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)